1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Catholic Priests leaving the RCC

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by BobRyan, Feb 13, 2004.

1. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Carson,

I spoke of the gospel being that we are justified though faith alone, and you said...

It is an answer. Everyone who read it, including you, knows the point I was making.

Those truths are thundered in abundance in the scriptures.

I said...

And you said...

No, I am not. I am sharing the truth of the gospel.

I said...

And you said

It sure does. Over and over again.

ROTFL!!! Are actually saying that everything the (((catholic church))) teaches is found in the scriptures?????

Are you trying to be Baptist Boards David Letterman or something?

I said...

And you said...

Of course the gospel hasnt changed. In spite of the Catholic churches attempts to change it.

I said...

And you said...

Either you didnt read my entire statement or you are choosing now to slander me. Here is my entire statement...

I'll choose to believe the best of you, and not that you are choosing to slander me.

Hebrews has a great deal to say about that.

Including that Christs sacrificial offering was a once for all time sacrifice, and it not to be repeated. The Catholic church is in desperate need of getting a grip on that. (The "sacrifice" of the mass?)

I said...

And you said...

I'm afraid it is what God taught, through Paul, in Romans.

Praise the Lord!

I'll check out the article.

God bless,

Mike

2. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

Actually, Adam, Mioque made this claim, not me. I am just looking for information. It seems very silly to me that priests and nuns would not know their own faith, and yet that is what people on this board are claiming.

Sorry, the accidently left the previous two originally posted by's. Moniques name is there too though, and is addressed to her.

3. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

If a person grows up and participates (RCIA, CCD) in a church, shouldn't they be taught what that church believes?? If they are being taught differently, isn't the church to blame too?

You better believe it! Carsons pretty passionate on this subject.

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ahhh - defending Catholicism with "obtuse fallacies" and refuting the Dallas Seminary --

I finally found Mioque's "mission".

No wonder he surfaces so quickly whenever Catholic sources are published - showing the flaws in Catholicism.

It is all starting to fit together.

In Christ,

Bob

5. mioque

mioque New Member

JustAsIAm
    "How can a church claim that its teachings are infallible when those entrusted with teaching those beliefs don't know them??"
    The vast majority of nuns worldwide aren't teachers, religious or otherwise.
    Even the ones that are, are more likely to teach kindergarten than RC theology.
    That doesn't change the fact that I have ran into a couple of nuns that had the sort of indepth Bible knowledge nobody on the entire Baptist Board has*. But those are the exception.

*The sister that helped me with my study of Origenes was a walking Hexapla herself, literally knowing 6 different versions of the entire Old Testament by heart.

6. mioque

mioque New Member

Brother Adam (asking about the nuns)
    "Source?"
    The KDC archives located in Nijmegen. I had a job there during a large part of my university years. Lots of prime source material describing the inner workings of all Catholic religious orders active in the Netherlands, or operating from the Netherlands.
    And a decent amount of first hand exposure to nuns and secondhand anecdotal evidence about nuns.
    Sorry no clearcut scientifically studies available on some website in English.

7. mioque

mioque New Member

"The priest and or nun has to go through official rcc schools (I'm assuming. Do they do mail order or home study ), so why aren't they being taught the correct doctrine? "
    Priests usually are being taught the correct doctrine. That what seminary is for.
    Nuns are a different case, they are not the female equivalent of the priesthood after all.
    The education you receive as a novice in a convent is focussed on something alltogether different.
    That doesn't mean Catholic doctrine isn't being taught, but it does often mean that if you don't understand a lot of it, but are otherwise doing fine during your noviciate you will become a nun, no questions asked.

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is an interesting testimony from somone brought up in the RCC.

Cradle Catholic finds new Light

He makes an interesting statement as follows
    Out of the Dark Ages - and into the light.

In Christ,

Bob

9. mioque

mioque New Member

"Ahhh - defending Catholicism with "obtuse fallacies" and refuting the Dallas Seminary --"
    Click the link Bob, you know you want to [​IMG]

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is a fascinating case where children lead the way for parents to "leave the dark ages".

Click on this link

A Child shall lead them

In Christ,

Bob

11. Harley4Him

Harley4Him New Member

Bob, do you have a quote from one of your many catholic sources saying that they don't believe in John 3:16, or a catholic bible produced without that verse printed in a manner acceptable to true christians?

No? Hmmmmmmm. I guess that must be hidden in what you like to call the "details" of your pitiable thoughts.

12. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Bob Ryan,

You posted...

That was absolutly classic.

It reminds me of this passage of scripture...

"But I fear. lest somehow, as the serpent decieved Eve with his craftiness, so you minds might be corrupted from the simplicity of Christ. For if one who comes preaches a different Jesus..."

God bless,

Mike

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Excellent Mike! It is amazing - The Word of God still reads the heart of sinful human traditions and vain speculations today - as it did in the days of the Bible writers.

But in all that - His Word shines like a light in the darkness - in the dark ages - and the ages that follow.

Your point was well made.

In Christ,

Bob

14. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Harley said --
    In your rush to take up the banner of Catholicism and to attack me for quoting a Roman Catholic who published their personnal testimony - you seem to have "missed the details".

Maybe you should just read the article - before posting and blaming me for what they said.

In Christ,

Bob