1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Catholic Taliban?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by DHK, Sep 30, 2010.

1. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

What a bunch of 'hooey'. When I lived in Texas, it was called something else.

Read something other than 'The Trail of Blood' for your historical 'facts'. Also, I've been in a LOT of Catholic Churches and have yet to see a 'golden statue'.

As for the poor, I know of no other church doing as much for the poor as the Catholic Church.

#21 lori4dogs, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2010
  2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

As the Bible says: "Let him who is ignorant be ignorant still."
    You ignore facts. Here are some more:
    http://www.gmanews.tv/story/202402/rh-advocates-distribute-condoms-to-protest-celdrans-detention

3. targus

targus New Member

So DHK is for the public distribution of condoms?

Is that we are to take from this?

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I know of no other church who has despised and cruelly treated the poor as the Catholic Church.

Take for example St. Francis Xavier. He went to Goa, India. There he ordered an Inquisition against the poor of India. It was at the peril of the sword. Be baptized and become a Christian or DIE!! Now, that is the true nature of RCC brand of Christianity isn't it? Baptism or the sword. Live or Die. The Hindu Goans had no choice. And the sad irony of it all?? Xavier was made a saint for his mass murder!

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is not whether we agree or disagree with the RCC. You can choose to believe whatever you want. It is the freedom to do so. Does the RCC have the right to impose their beliefs on the rest of the nation? That is the question that must be answered. If you answer yes, then you must face the fact that these monsters are nothing more than Catholic Taliban.

6. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

You can't say you 'don't hate Catholics' and then call them 'monsters' in the next breath. Your words betray you!

You continue to call St. Francis Xavier a murderer. You have been told before that he died seven years before any inquisition was started in India but you continue to ingore this and slander St. Francis Xavier.

The wealthy in India hated the Catholic Church. Once a priest came and converted and baptized a slave, that person could no longer be kept as a slave. They were always ready to try to get rid of a Catholic priest any way they could.

The inquisition was used primarily against those who tried deperately to interfere with the conversion of these slaves to Christianity because if they converted they became free of slavery as well.

#26 lori4dogs, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2010
  7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You can't so easily white-wash history. It doesn't erase that easily.
    http://janamejayan.wordpress.com/2009/03/01/the-inquisition-francis-xavier-sonias-upa-government/

8. targus

targus New Member

How exactly is the Catholic Church "imposing" their beliefs on the rest of that country?

Be precise.

So far you have said and shown nothing.

9. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

DHK, no doubt there have been many horrible acts committed in the name of Christianity over the years. Protestants like yourself have done so as well. I have no doubt some of these things may have occured by the over-zealous. However, St. Francis Xavier was DEAD long before anything like this happened. You continue to call him a murderer when there is no evidence he murdered anyone. Do you have any such evidence?

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Obama is your president. Suppose he is a Muslim. Does he have the right to impose Sharia Law, because that is his religious view?

Read post #22 carefully. Why do they call for separation for church and state? Because the Bishops have their hands in ruling the state--even if it is by payoffs, corruption, filthy lucre, etc.
    Is it right to jail a person for freedom of expression?

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I just posted it. Can you not read??

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    hmmm, the RC churches in NYC feeds & clothes 2/3 of the poor, homeless & destitute. horrible behavior; just horrible

13. targus

targus New Member

How is the Catholic Church "imposing their religious view"?

Be precise.

You have shown anything that supports this allegation.

Perhaps you could do that first.
    If the freedom of expression was done in a way which broke other laws - then yes - it is right to jail such a person.

In this case the protestor broke the law and was arrested for violating a law.

Don't you believe that people should obey the law?

DHK - in all seriousness - you have given us nothing here except articles that don't say what you think they say. Are you reading these articles before l posting them here?

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With 65% of the registered population in the USA being RC & Growing, be afraid ....be very afraid.....:wavey:

15. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I'm not afraid. I'm excited!! The more apostate the church becomes, the closer we are to Jesus' return!

:wavey: Back at ya!

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are unbelievable! Here is your stand:
    You agree that the Church of England was right in jailing John Bunyan for preaching the gospel because "he was not licensed by the Church;" it was against the law.
    You agree that thousands of Anabaptists got what they deserved (death by drowning), because it was against the law to baptized again.
    You agree that it was right for Saul to persecute and even murder the Christians of his day because he had lawful papers to do so.
    You agree that the families of Muslims are in their right to kill family members who convert to Christianity because in those countries it is against the law for Muslims to convert to Christianity.

This is the stand that you have taken.
    Because it is against the law! Unbelievable!

Here is what Cedron said:
    But, hey--I suppose you would bring the gamut of the law against an unruly visitor at your church and have the police charge him with disrupting the peace. Throw the book at him. Put him in jail if you can. I am sure that you have a great Christian testimony in your community.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes the way we are going :smilewinkgrin: Economy crumbling, crooks abound, yes you may even be closer than you think :thumbsup:

18. targus

targus New Member

Should a Chrisitan obey the law?

19. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Yes, I also read the entire link you posted that says that similar things are happening in India today, only by you Protestants. As usual, you ignore such things when it doesn't play well for your team.

St. Francis Xavier murdered no one. You have produced no such evidence. He was dead years before any such inquisition in India began. You distort facts.

History is history. History is also sometimes distorted. Look at the 'Trail of Blood". Catholics are not torturing or murdering anyone these days that I know of. However, the link you provided mentioned attrocities are going on today conducted by Protestants. You might have mentioned that don't you think?

20. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Yes, isn't it awful!

Trust me, there are those on this board that will find fault with the Catholic Church on the way they minister the poor, the homeless, and the destitute.