1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Catholic Who Embraced Jesus As Lord And Savior

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by John Yurich, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am a Catholic who embraced Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I attend Saturday Vigil Mass at the local Catholic parish. I also attend the local Baptist Church every Sunday morning. I was Baptized via immersion at that Baptist Church in May 2017 as a public profession of faith that I had embraced Jesus as my Lord and Savior. In September 2017 I took a 10 week membership preparation class from the Pastor of Baptist Church. In January 2018 I went before the congregation of that Baptist Church and gave my testimony on how I received salvation. I was then voted in as a member of that Baptist Church by the congregation and the Elders. I am an usher at that Baptist Church. So, I am both Catholic and Baptist since I am a Baptized member of both the Catholic Church and a local Baptist Church.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OfLivingWaters

OfLivingWaters Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sounds like you are not for division. What do you get from the Baptist and what do you get from the Catholics?

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Many of us were raised Roman Catholic until we were allowed by God to understand the Scriptures.
    If scripture alone is the basis of your belief which church would you see in it?

4. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, that is a misleading question, because the very fact that all hold the scriptures and do speak from them is an indication that they believe certain things from scripture. So, with that hopeful lead on your part to bring people to your sole understanding of scripture alone, what exactly do you want to point out? What do you take issue with concerning Catholics and with scripture alone, why not test those issues of concern to you.

"No one snowflake thinks it is the cause of the avalanche.
    Let us resolve to talk more to believers about the Bible when we meet them. Alas, the conversation of Christians, when they do meet, is often sadly unprofitable! How many frivolous, and trifling, and uncharitable things are said!"

• Like Like x 2
  5. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Am I to believe you are open to conversation and perhaps open to embracing a truth of the Catholic Church with this obvious oxymoron:

Many of us were raised Roman Catholic until we were allowed by God to understand the Scriptures.
    If scripture alone is the basis of your belief which church would you see in it?

No one snowflake thinks it is the cause of the avalanche.
    Let us resolve to talk more to believers about the Bible when we meet them. Alas, the conversation of Christians, when they do meet, is often sadly unprofitable! How many frivolous, and trifling, and uncharitable things are said!

6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The issue, I think, is knowing from God Himself (Titus 1:2; John 5:24; John 7:17; 1 John 5:9-13; John 17:3).

7. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Let us be honest with our intentions or we only deceive ourselves. Deception is NOT the way of Christ. It is clear with scripture alone, there have , since the apostles and teachers in Christ of the first church, been division amongst people who embraced Christianity outside of them. Repeatedly ,whether it was a Jewish Christian, Greek Christian or Roman Christian community, those chosen and elect of God had to edify , admonish and teach if any false narrative be at play amongst those believers called , the elect had to call it out .

With that said, since the foundation has already been laid, (Christ Jesus) what can we as Christians today, glean from all denominations? With scripture alone what can we preserve from the three most dominate denominations , Orthodox, Catholic,
    Protestant. First to the Jew, then the Greek then to the Roman, this is the order of succession. The Protestants would be considered to be an offshoot of the Roman branch, since it came about due to the selling of indulgences.
    So, God Himself came to you and told you what of scripture alone, applied in denominations -is actually the true application? He told you which denomination has infallible doctrine? Please by all means enlighten me?

#7 OfLivingWaters, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only if you accept what is in the New Testment is from God Himself to us through His Apostles and church prophets (Ephesians 2:20; 1 John 5:9; John 7:17; Romans 8:16).

Who is your Holy Father? (John 17:11; Matthew 23:9)

9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praise the Lord that he opened your eyes to the real Gospel that saves us lost sinners, and would say that you are now a Christian who happens to membership in a Baptist Church!
    Once you were water baptized in the Baptist Church, Rome would say you as going apostate at that time!

10. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In your second "baptism" the only thing you got was wet. So tell me, what do you now believe about the Holy Eucharist? Does it contain the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Jesus Christ as Catholic orthodoxy teaches, or is it nothing but just grape juice and crackers as the Baptists teach? I eagerly await your answer.

#10 Adonia, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  11. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It would seem to me that he has removed Himself from the Catholic Church if he is now believing what the Baptists teach. I think I remember this guy from an earlier time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The second view is the correct one!

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My best friend converted from Rome to Christ and became a Baptist, and his former priest told him that when he was adult baptized was when he went Apostate!

14. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Exactly! He was here before with the same scenario. I smell a rat.

15. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Baptism can only be done once, if you get it done as an infant that's it. Getting immersed in water again is only getting the previously baptized person wet.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And I was Baptist and became convinced of the truth of the Catholic Faith. My Baptist pastor declared I was probably never really saved to begin with.

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only scripture water baptism though was when he got immersed after he believed in Jesus!

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You went from a church teaching the real Gospel to one teaching another, a false One!

19. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So, what you are saying is you are the chosen infallible elect of God? Your Church is infallible?

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, just that we teach what the scriptures call the real Gospel of Christ!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.