1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Catholic Who Embraced Jesus As Lord And Savior

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by John Yurich, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Of course my Baptist Pastor is not cognizant that I still attend/am a member of a Catholic Church because it is none of his business. I do not serve two masters. I only serve the Lord Jesus Christ. I don't accept the doctrine of Transubstantiation. I accept the Lutheran doctrine of Holy Communion. I also accept the Baptist doctrine of Holy Communion. I am growing spiritually at my Baptist Church.

2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    \

If you cannot accept the most important doctrine of the Catholic Church, than I am sorry but I believe you are no longer of the Catholic faith tradition. Not only have you accepted Baptist doctrine concerning this issue, but also the Lutheran one and those two doctrines are different from each other as well. You seem to be very confused about things.

While you are always welcome at any Catholic Mass to worship, you should not be receiving Holy Communion there because you no longer believe the Church's teaching on it.

#62 Adonia, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your ignorance of the issue continues. The plain understanding of the text is this: "This IS my body" and "This IS my blood". Not my words, but Jesus's words. He said it and He meant I, the Apostles believed it, and the One Universal Christian Church has always taught it - from day one! Your contrary belief never came about until the 16th/17th century. But in the end this is easy, one just needs to have faith that this is so.

#63 Adonia, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It seems to me you are growing more confused at the Baptist Church. So tell me, why are you now believing the doctrines set forth by one man named John Smythe (1570-1612) over the previous 1600 years of theological truths coming from the whole of the Christian Church combined?

5. OfLivingWaters

OfLivingWaters Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Spiritless to those with no faith. Seems pretty clear to me, eat and have life , don't eat ,no life will be within you..Must be one of those miraculous things that God is known for,:Rolleyes.

6. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A work does not exist of itself . That is like saying an axe has power over who wields it. A hammer is what puts the power into its own momentum. One who murders is a murder, one who teaches falsely is a False teacher. One who speaks something that God did not direct him to speak, is a false prophet. Hence , BE CAREFUL HOW YOU BUILD. NOT complicated. You are your works, and you are judged by God as to how you build.

7. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hello John,
    They do have some of the factual details correct ...God,trinity,heaven,
    Most other things are a mixture of truth and error.
    Lorraine Boettner wrote a book on Roman Catholic Church that you can find online that has much information on it.

8. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, His Body was broken and Given to us as an offering to God. His blood was poured out and is the new covenant of those who receive Him. Then He said, "Do this in remembrance of Me." He was giving object lessons, as He has so courteously done for His contemporary disciples as well as for us today. No where in any of the passages does it demand we take a literal understanding that Jesus is in the Bread or Wine. There are other passages that would relate to how we understand the bread and wine...

FOR EXAMPLE

Jesus says He IS the vine. Is Jesus a literal Grape Vine????? In order for you to stay consistent your answer would have to be yes, Jesus is a literal vine. But that is ridiculous. He is "likening" himself to a vine.

ANOTHER EXAMPLE

Jesus says He IS the door. Is Jesus a literal door?

LAST ONE

In Revelation, Jesus is Called in Revelation 5:5 The Lion from the Tribe of Judah. Is Jesus a literal Lion?

Transubstantiation is a Spirit-less interpretation devoid of any healthy understanding of the Word of God.

#68 JonShaff, Jan 11, 2019
  9. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No doubt, there have been some bad players who have infiltrated the Universal assembly , however, that assembly does preserve the Dogma of the faith the Baptist do not.
    tran·sub·stan·ti·a·tion
    /ˌtran(t)səbˌstan(t)SHēˈāSH(ə)n/
    noun
    Christian Theology
    noun: transubstantiation
    1. (especially in the Roman Catholic Church) the conversion of the substance of the Eucharistic elements into the body and blood of Christ at (consecration), only the appearances of bread and wine still remaining.
    2. "this is my body, this is my blood" do this in memory of me". "He who eats my body, and drinks my blood will have life within him and I will raise him up on the last day."
    3. com·mun·ion
      /kəˈmyo͞onyən/
      noun
      noun: Holy Communion
      the sharing or exchanging of intimate thoughts and feelings, especially when the exchange is on a mental or spiritual level.
      So is it His body and blood YES or NO? "take this all of you and eat, this is my body which shall be given up for you. Take this cup drink it , this is the cup of my blood which shall be shed for you and all that sins may be forgiven, do this in memory of me".Sharing in the Lord's Supper 1 Corinthians 11:28-30
      …28Each one must examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup. 29For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body eats and drinks judgment on himself. 30That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep.…
    It would seem your denial that it is mystically transformed into His body and blood through the Holy Spirit , is denial of the Body,His body, which was given up for sins. It is in faith that one must participate, otherwise you eat and drink judgement on yourself. It would seem that is what you have been doing .30That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep.…FAITH, in the POWER OF GOD, is all I'm saying. Sorry to see you have no faith in what Christ said. Half a truth, the greatest lie of all.....

#69 OfLivingWaters, Jan 11, 2019
  10. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Speaking to the infiltration I mentioned in post #69, we who are called to be keepers of the flock of Christ have been warned about it.
    Paul's Farewell to the Ephesians Acts 20 :29-31
    …29I know that after my departure, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. 30Even from your own number, men will rise up and distort the truth to draw away disciples after them. 31Therefore be alert and remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears.…

11. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is the battle, that Christ said satan would wage upon the Body of Christ. Christ will always preserve His word, the gates of hell shall not prevail against His Church! But a battle is at hand and has been since the beginning. It is coming to its climax.

The faithful and true within it shall prevail, for who is like unto our God and who can do battle with Him and win.

1 John 2:19
    They went out from us, but they did not belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us. But their departure made it clear that none of them belonged to us.
    THIS IS THE APOSTASY! The falling away!

A Tree and its Fruit Matthew 7:14-16
    14But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it. 15Beware of false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?…

Wolves IN SHEEP"S CLOTHING= in title and position of "Christian" within Christian assemblies. A sheep is reference to a Christian. These are only so by title not deeds. In the assembly as deceivers , they seek to make followers of those who are not paying attention BE ALERT we are told by St. Paul.

Paul's Farewell to the Ephesians Acts 20-28-30
    …28Keep watch over yourselves and the entire flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which He purchased with His own blood. 29I know that after my departure, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. 30(EVEN FROM YOUR OWN NUMBER, men will rise up and distort the truth to draw away disciples after them.…)

Those who recognize what is happening are made overseers that the faithful be preserved and the faith upheld!

12. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Papal Infallibility? , HA! One is only as infallible as the word he stands on and keeps, CHRIST JESUS is that word! No where in the scriptures does it say we are to call men of this type( who are not true shepherds) TEACHER, RABBI, father or keeper of the word and flock of God.

On the contrary we are told BE ALERT! We are to speak out against ALL FALSE TEACHERS. I was arrogantly applauded for NOT calling the POPE my father.

My question is who is your father or teachers? It would seem in your arrogant hypocrisy you do call others father. You too, like many fallen asleep Catholics call others your father who are not true shepherds and have devised false doctrine. Based on your false doctrine which you have been indoctrinated with , (you didn't devise it) you uphold it, OH YOU HAVE fathers, and not in God the father. You think it means not calling anyone father, news flash all who teach, who are men, are a father of sorts, that is why Paul does not refuse being called father by those who sought understanding.
    1 Corinthians 4:15
    For though you have ten thousand tutors in Christ, yet not many fathers. For in Christ Jesus, I became your father through the Good News.
    GET IT!
    True shepherds who are men ,are as fathers to the flock of Christ as St. Paul was and is from heaven.
    A father is simply a male teacher , but one in truth is a true shepherd to the flock of God, in Christ, and is of Christ.

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    YES, it is his business.
    Besides, why are people afraid to announce church membership?
    I let people know - not out of pride - but because I want to encourage people to come.

So if a friend of yours wants to go to church - how would you handle it?
    Take him to the RCC or to the Baptist church?

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now, I am really confused!
    On your BB profile your say you are a Non Baptist Christian ?????

15. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not supporting any false doctrine , so my question to you is, who is your father? Is this pastor considered to be a father that one must make all things his business? Please explain. It would seem the fathers in law, want to be the begin and end all of believers lives. Very controlling, very SUBJUGATING , hmm???

16. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    At the time that I joined this forum I was not yet a member of that Baptist Church. I didn't become a member of that Baptist Church until January 2018.

17. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is going to judge us according our deeds. And only those whose names are in the record of life will not perish. Revelation 20:15.

18. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    deed
    /dēd/
    noun
    plural noun: deeds
    literary
    an action that is performed intentionally or consciously.

FROM A DICTIONARY
    Word forms: deeds
    1. countable noun
    A deed is something that is done, especially something that is very good or very bad.
    [literary]

The perpetrators of this evil deed must be brought to justice.
    I think I get it now , illiterate people are trying to be teachers. NOW THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING. Suggestion, go take some ELA classes and then come back and we will talk. ONLY those who do good deeds will be found in the book of life, HOW TRUE.
    FULL CONTEXT HELPS:
    Judgment Before the Great White Throne REV. 20:11-15

11Then I saw a great white throne and the One seated on it. Earth and heaven fled from His presence, and no place was found for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne.

(And there were open books), and (one) of them was the (book of life). And the dead were judged according to their deeds, as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up its dead, and Death and Hades gave up their dead, and each one was judged according to his deeds.
    God is simply adding insult to injury for those given up from death and Hades. Hence the second death. He gave them a moments reprieve and then threw them back again . God's Judgements are TRUE AND JUST. I fear God above all things. All should. HIS WORD IS BOND!
    14Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death—the lake of fire. 15And if anyone was found whose name was not written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

#78 OfLivingWaters, Jan 11, 2019
  19. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you people intentionally reject God's word?

20. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh in case you did not get the memo your deeds are your works, many ways to express the same thing. That is why God has given us a very extensive vocabulary, and YES He Himself uses many different words. Keep sleeping:Sleep and you will not like what is coming!:(. You already don't like how you are feeling. REPENT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.