1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Catholics Come Home

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Dec 29, 2011.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

In some cases a different God; in other cases a different WAY to God.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really dont care Z....not to be flippant but its above my pay grade....let the know it all theologians & the teachers of the law debate that. I for one am grateful for just the saving grace I have received that has totally rearranged my life & made me a child of God vs Child of The Evil One. For that alone, brother....I am grateful every day! :jesus::thumbs:

Also, do you seriously believe that a sinners confession,in a box essentially with a man/priest hearing/forgiving your sin's (thus interceding between the sinner & God) is in fact handed down by Christ & biblical?

#102 Earth Wind and Fire, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2012
  3. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Amen! We can sure agree on that!

4. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Lets look at Paul's letter to the Colossians again.
    Clearly in this verse the Circumcision done by Christ is the Baptism which buries us with him and raises us back to life. BTW women can be baptized. It is their covenant seal as well.

So according to you repentance is not required to be saved? IE... A person can have faith and not repent of his previous life style by which he is condemned and live anyway he chose because he believes something? I mean why then would John the baptist preach repentance? Why would Jesus teach
    Or why would Jesus denounce people because they did not repent?
    Why would jesus say to the pharisees
    Why would Jesus instruct his disciples to
    Why would Jesus say of himself
    and why does scripture say this in regard to salvation
    or to show it in conjunction with salvation it says
    Also we find
    That not only faith is required but repentance as well for salvation.

No. But I'm also not saying Baptism = Salvation. Baptism is necissary as is faith and repentance.

I trust in Jesus. He just wants me to respond to him in repentance, faith, and baptism.

That is not what the scriptures teach.

Ah. but you fail to mention the Presbyterians disagree with you, Lutherans disagree with you, Anglicans disagree with you, Dutch reformed Calvinist disagree with you. And many other Non "Cults" though I dare say not many would say CoC is a cult. I fear Westboro baptist may fall into the Catagory of Cult.

Actually I can which is why I listed them. You don't think I just picked them out of the air do you?

Yes and these Items were my biggest issues to get through. I didn't convert haphazardly. I reseached these Items as well and I came to understand each of these in their proper context and understanding.

See no different.

No problem. I try to make it easy to understand.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Where does it say circumcision is baptism? You are dreaming. In the passage in Col. circumcision is one topic, and then baptism is another topic which Paul passes on to.
    I note the context and the books that you found your proof-texts in. How many of them were in the epistles?
    He would not baptize anyone who had not first repented. Bring forth fruits of repentance, he said. But that was his ministry and message. He was an OT prophet, a forerunner of Jesus Christ.
    Jesus told people to repent because that is what they needed to do: Repent.
    And that is not what the Bible teaches. A message like that sends people to hell. It tramples on the blood of Christ. It does spite to his blood. It is a message to Jesus that "Ha Ha Jesus your blood was not good enough for me; wasn't sufficient to cover my sins; I have come to help you with my baptism." That is the blasphemy that you teach. You don't really believe that Christ died for your sins. You believe that baptism has to pay a part of the price of the penalty of your sins, for you make baptism necessary for salvation. But Jesus said: "IT IS FINISHED," meaning all the work of salvation was done on the cross. He doesn't need your help in baptism. You have blasphemed the name and the work of Christ.
    You are not trusting in Christ alone. You are trusting in your baptism. Water does not save. You belief is no different than the Hindus.
    So you don't believe John 14:6?
    Again, I repeat: No one can receive Jesus through baptism.
    Salvation is through Christ alone. That is what the Scriptures teach.
    I am not in a popularity contest. I am here to proclaim the truth of the gospel--a message you apparently don't believe. What does the Bible say about your message:

(Gal 1:8) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
    Any knowledgeable Baptist on this board can show you that those verses do not teach baptismal regeneration. The question is: Will you listen to them?
    Start a thread on each one of them. See how far you get. Each one of them will get thoroughly refuted and demolished. There is no hint of anyone of them having an ounce of Biblical authority. There is no Scripture to back any one of them up. They are myths, man-made doctrines.
    No different than what? I have collection of books written by Godly men who comment on the Scripture. I can draw wisdom from Godly men in the past. You draw philosophy from the ungodly. I choose my resources carefully.