1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Catholics Found Out

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by DHK, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Can a unregenerant person do "good things" and get in to Heaven? You cannot enter the kingdom unless your born again. This is where the natural mind cannot grasp as Nicodemus didn't get it eather.....even though he was a "Very Religious" person. John chapter 3

#21 Jedi Knight, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2010
  2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not a one.

I could tell you, but that would violate the spirit if Jesus' admonition to not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.

Never been there.

Yep.

My money is on DHK because all you can say about Theresa is that she did a lot of good works. Works don't save you. Works don't make you a Christian. Nor do works make you a better Christian than anyone else.

Neither your flag decal nor your good works will get you into Heaven.

Do you really think that pagans don't do good works every day? Theresa may have done a lot of good works, just like many other pagans, but her understanding of the Gospel was attrocious.

All of Theresa's works put together are still filthy rags.

...says the person who believes we are saved by our own righteousness.

#22 JohnDeereFan, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2010
  3. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's like bribing a judge: "Well, sure, Your Honor, I raped all of those women, but I washed and waxed your car!"

Only in this case it's "Well, sure, Jesus, I transgressed your laws every day of my life and rebeled against You, but just look at all of the poor people I helped. Just think of all of the Hindus I helped to be better Hindus!"

4. billwald

billwald New Member

By what logic can anyone claim that St T was NOT regenerate?

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is what Christ said.

Matthew 23:24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
    Matthew 23:28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

This is what Christ commanded:
    Mark 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

--Notice: He did not command: "Be as Mother Thereasa." According to Mother Theresa's own standard's she wasn't a Christian. It is folks like her that will stand before Christ and Christ will say: "Depart from ye into everlasting fire, for I never knew you."
    This is the ultimate proof that works do not save. "Knowing Christ" saves, not doing works. If you don't know him as your Savior you cannot be saved; works have nothing to do with it. Jesus will say: "I never knew you. Do you have a personal relationship with Him? Have you trusted him as your personal Savior?
    Do you want an honest or truthful answer?
    Mother Theresa believed salvation was by works. She believed there was more than one way to heaven. One who believes in that kind of theology is not saved. Thus "mother Theresa" is not a "saint," as that title is Biblically reserved only for the saved, those who have trusted Christ as Savior. Read the epistles. In almost every epistle Paul addresses it to the saints in any given place that he is writing.

Romans 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
    2 Corinthians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:
    Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
    Philippians 1:1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:

Saint means "set apart," "holy," "sanctified,"
    Since I have been saved, justified by faith alone, in Christ alone, I am a saint. If you wish you can call me Saint DHK. But I would never call Mother Theresa a saint.

If you are going to live a life of works, study hard Mark 10:21, and tell me when you fulfill all its conditions. That is what Jesus expected that young man to do. Don't you think he would expect the same of you?

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Works don't save; Christ does.
    Being a good Muslim doesn't get one to heaven; only Christ can do that.

7. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By her doctrine, the false gospel that she preached, her membership in a wicked and Ungodly cult, and her own words as revealed in her books and speeches.

8. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

As for that honor I'll let the secularists debate that one.

But regarding Mother Theresa, from a christian point of view, the saddest part is that it is highly doubtfull that she was ever a christian. A saved child of God.

I sure hope that she maybe came to her senses and was born of the Spirit on her death bed.

#28 Alive in Christ, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2010
  9. Alive in Christ

Someone once asked Mother Theresa if she made many converts.

She said something like this:

Oh, if I can help a Catholic to be a better Catholic, or a Hindu to be a better Hindu, or a Muslim a better Muslim, than I have made a "convert".

No christian...NO christian can possibly make such a blasphemous statement as that.

10. Alive in Christ

Here is some more documentation regarding the blasphemous beliefs of Mother Theresa....

These are doctrines of demons.

http://http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/exposes/teresa/general.htm

#30 Alive in Christ, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2010