1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CBS's Kroft to Obama: 'Are You Punch-Drunk?'

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In a wide ranging interview broadcast Sunday night, Obama was pressed by Steve Kroft on "60 Minutes" for at times laughing or smiling while discussing the global economic crisis.

"You're sitting here. And you're laughing. You are laughing about some of these problems," Kroft told the president. "Are people going to look at this and say, 'I mean, he's sitting there just making jokes about money?' How do you deal with -- I mean: explain ... Are you punch-drunk?"

"No, no. There's gotta be a little gallows humor to get you through the day," Obama replied, with a laugh.

More Here

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

apparently it's all for his amusement.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

He has been in over his head for over two months.:tonofbricks: Anyone going that long without oxygen would be punch drunk, or worse!:laugh::laugh:

4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

See, this is why I love you OldRegular. You are always able to speak on these subjects and speak from experience :).

5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Good response. I am often guilty of the same ... especially when I hear a really dumb question or idea I often laugh. Have you noticed how often reporters ask dumb questions?

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Only when they come up for air!:laugh::laugh: