1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CCBBC?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Brother Adam, Jan 26, 2002.

1. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

I recieved an information packet today from Clear Creek Baptist Bible College. Looks like a good school, cost is low, yet with their guidelines for my major i would be in school for 3 more years! :eek: That would be 5 1/2 years for a B.A. Degree that is a bit much. Although does anyone know if they are Calvinistic or Arminian? It was hard to tell from their faith statement. Any other suggestions for colleges that I could look into? (I have a pastoral major)

UNP
    Adam

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What education do you have so far? Approx credits in each area - then match that with Marantha BBC or one of the other Baptist colleges to see.

Remember MOST colleges will offer Bible core and Pastoral Studies major, but you will need to go on toe grad school/seminary to get firmly rooted.

Many "preacher boys" figure a diploma is all they need, and boy are they mistaken. So consider the college in light of 1-3 more years in seminary and make sure they are acceptable credits, meeting pre-req for seminary (like 2 years undergrad Greek), etc.

3. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

Dear Dr. Bob,

I'm looking at going to Dallas Theological for my seminary work. While getting a good undergrad degree is important, it is my understanding that you don't necessarily even have to have a bible backround for your B.A. to go to seminary. I know a gal who has an English B.A. degree and is now in seminary.

UNP
    Adam

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Adam,
    You're right about not needing a degree in Bible or theology to get into seminary. If you know you are going to seminary, it wouldn't hurt you to get an undergraduate degree in another discipline in case you are ever bivocational. If you are going to lose a lot of hours transferring to a Bible college and you are certain about going to seminary, I'd stick with the degree track you're on.

CCBBC is a conservative Southern Baptist school. You will have some thorough Calvinists and some who aren't on the faculty and in the student body. If you want a solid Bible education, Clear Creek is a good place. They also have an agreement with a local secular university (Lincoln Memorial University) where you can get a dual degree if you wish. They also will soon be offering a Master's program (M.A.).

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

By the way, Donnie Fox, the director of Admissions at Clear Creek, is a friend of mine. Tell him Tom Campbell sent you :D What he tells you after that, I'm not responsible for :cool:

6. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TomVols:
    By the way, Donnie Fox, the director of Admissions at Clear Creek, is a friend of mine. Tell him Tom Campbell sent you :D What he tells you after that, I'm not responsible for :cool:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will have to remember that one! Well, at one time I considered getting a B.A. that wasn't in ministry, but God is calling me so strongly to ministry, I just don't see myself getting any other degree. Finding a different one would be like radomly picking one out of the air. I'm just waiting and watching.

UNP
    Adam

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I see. Well, I lost a year's worth (maybe more) of secular credits because I was led towards an undergrad degree in Bible/Ministry. You just have to be willing to make that sacrifice if necessary.

8. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

Yeah. I don't know what's going to happen in my future. All I know is that God has the wheel, and it's gonna be long journey ahead... I tend to find things out right before they happen. I suppose God wants to keep me alert [​IMG]

UNP
    Adam