1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CCM Magazine

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by bobbyd, Aug 23, 2008.

1. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I was at Lifeway a couple of weeks ago and saw "Final Edition" on the CCM Magazine sitting on the magazine rack and asked the guy working about it...he wasn't sure. Are they no longer publishing this magazine?

2. moeowo2

moeowo2 New Member

It's only an online Magazine now.

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Wow. Hmmmm.

4. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Any time any paper and staples magazine, publication or books goes "internet only" its a very very sad day imo.

Sickening.

I want to physically feel and turn the pages of a book, newspaper or magazine as I am reading it.

And what about those one who cant afford a computer? More and more its "tough luck buddy" for them.

:godisgood:

5. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I agree I want it not only in my hands, but want to be able to read it wherever I choose. I also like to save my magazines.

That said at least now they have that option. It wasn't that many years ago that they would just fold up and go under. Just curious do you subscribe to many magazines?

6. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Right now just Sports Illustrated.

I used to get National Geographic and Smithsonian. Used to get the Pentecostal Evangel as well, along with the Baptist quarterlies. I'll probably start those 2 up again.

A couple of christian organizations have free magazines that I used to get, but they are getting to where they are about 75% adds and offers to buy stuff so I cut them loose. Started out about 75% articles with just a few "solicitation" pages...but its just the opposite now. Thats a shame. The teaching has taken a turn for the worse lately as well with those 2.

There is a magazine devoted to Kentucky history that I pick up in the supermarket each month, and I'll eventually subscribe so it will come through the mail to me. I used to get a Bluegrass Music magazine that I really should start up again.

I have tons of christian books. Shelves full of them here in the den. Commentaries and books on various topics. Lots of music books and pictoral books.

:godisgood:

7. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

My problem is when i try to read something online my "ADD" kicks in and i can't do it. I have to even print of emails to keep my attention, so i can't imagine trying to read an entire magazine. Looks like i need to buy more printer ink.

8. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CCM was not a good music magazine. Their album reviews were terrible because they never actually put the albums under any scrutiny.

Much better was the late, much lamented No Depression magazine.