1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CDC panel to meet Tuesday to vote on COVID-19 vaccine priority

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness' started by KenH, Nov 29, 2020.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well the good Lord has blessed me and I have tried to serve God for over 50 years... I'm 74 and my wife is 76 and we have both been believers since our youth... My Lord has never let me down but I can't say the same for me, we all walk with feet of clay... None of us in my understanding is better than the other one... We also live in Sacramento, California and have been taking measures to keep ourselves safe and if the vaccine is available we shall take it and trust in God, and let The Holy Spirit take the lead... If this was my last day, I can't complain, the Lord has blessed me more in my life than I deserve and someday if not today, it will be my time to go... How I'm going to go unless the Lord comes first is in his hands and always has been and I and my wife live by his promises... Brother Glen:)

2 Corinthians 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

5:2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:

5:3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

5:4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

5:5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

5:6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. kathleenmariekg

kathleenmariekg Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was heavily vaccinated as a child, having immunizations over and over and over because neither country trusted the other's vaccines, even when I could produce records, and often I could not.

When I started college, they wanted me to have every immunization over, because I could prove nothing. I opted out for "religious reasons" stating that it would be self-neglect to allow myself to be immunized that heavily yet again, and that my religion doesn't allow self-neglect.

There are a lot of things that Christians are required to do to obey their government, but we are not supposed to abandon our Christian principles to obey the government. These are desperate times for sure, and I understand that immunizations have to be given to a certain percentage of the population for them to have any effect, but these immunizations are new science and being pushed out way too fast. One of them is made from cancer cells.

If I am allowed to opt out, I have a responsibility to take care of my body. It has been entrusted to me. For years I was taught that a host of scriptures required me to martyr myself. There is a time to martyr ourselves, but only for something special. I am not being called to do this one any more than all the stupid other things that people fooled me into submitting to. It is obedience to keep this body safe, so I can do the future thing that I feel looming. I am probably going to wish that I died from a vaccine, before this is over. But voluntarily sacrificing myself to this pandemic or one of these vaccines is not my calling. It is a good thing Esther didn't waste herself earlier.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hannahande

Hannahande Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this vaccine really safe? I am hesitant to take it.