1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CDC study illustrates need for abstinence focus, says advocate

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Revmitchell, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

It also shows the need for teaching condom use along with absinence. Behave, but if you don't, at last be safe(r).

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1.What should we say to children who want to play with guns?

Don't play with guns, but if you do ___________!

After all they are going to do it wether we like it or not.

2.What should we say to children who want to use crack?

Don't use crack but if you do ___________!

After all they are going to do it anyway.

After all we are talking about the lives of our children here. I don't give my children tips on how to play in traffic safely. I tell them not to do it. And then I use any means necessary to keep them from doing it if I have to. Add to that condemns offer no protection to some std's. It is the poorest of solutions to fight against std's.

:BangHead:

#3 Revmitchell, Mar 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2008
  4. Joe

Joe New Member

Here is an example of a conversation between a father and son

I know sometime when you marry you will need to know these things, so better earlier than later. You are a teenager now, so it won't hurt you to be prepared for later in life.

I bought you two packages of Condoms. One is the regular size which fits small-med and one is the larger size. Don't wait, try on BOTH sizes so you know which one fits. l. Even if you are able to force on a smaller size, it is extremely risky that it may not work properly and will be uncomfortable as it will be constricting. In fact, it may roll itself off of you in a flash suddenly flying across the room.
    Also, make sure you and your fiance BOTH get tested for STD's at least three months prior to your honeymoon to ensure you are both clean. Take no woman's word for it because even if she is telling the truth, she still may be infected. There are many ways to become infected, intimacy is only one avenue. Better to be safe than sorry. Condoms are not 100% effective regarding pregnancy or STD's.
    You may want to add a few bible verses along with this to ensure he understands you are not promoting pre-marital relations