1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Celebrities Ask Protestors to Boycott Black Friday?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Nov 29, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I read that Hollywood's elite asked the Ferguson protestors to join them in boycotting Black Friday events, I thought to myself, that figures, but why did it take them this long to jump into the fray?

Then I wondered to myself, how could the people protesting Michael Browns killing to be trusted to be boycotting Balck Friday, because these are the elites of the elite, and surely they are not going to avoid purchasing gifts for the upcoming holidays?!

I would think if Hollywood's finest were sincere about this boycott, why I have not seen one celeb shown on broadcast television? Is it possible that their words of support are as empty and fake as they are?

Just thinking. However, it could well be; they are supporting this protest in tweets only!

http://www.christianpost.com/news/c...-boycott-in-order-to-support-ferguson-130322/

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that it is a good idea to end black Friday--in Walmart they fought over Barbie dolls, for example. All of this in the name of the Birth of Jesus.

As for Hollywood, they will send their servants down to Rodeo Drive or else the merchants on Rodeo drive will take their wares to the $50,000,000 homes in Beverly Hills.

Hollywood just toes the straight Democrat Party line.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speaking of Rodeo Drive....you will never see protests and riots there. If you did, these protesters would lose support. :smilewinkgrin: