1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Certain PPL Get Christmas

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes they get the depth of it..... an incarnate who puts it all on the line for sinful creatures. Anyway, a few years ago my wife (who is our Christmas Card sender) commented that not many send them anymore & if they do the cards are crummy (no real sentiment). So we found Franciscan Sisters in WI who make the cards themselves. See attached.

http://www.lakeosfs.org/poverello_prints/poverello_cards_view.asp?id=26

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I always look long and hard to find good Christmas cards but last year we made our own. It's one of those photo cards and we put pictures of the family on it but then we added in John 3:16 and wrote our own message on it. I think it turned out really nice.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We, meaning the family that raised me viewed Christmas as a very spiritual time...so making cards with notes & perhaps letters (hand writing) was always done. The other thing was they were poor so baking & cooking was a family event. The tree was taken into the house on the 24th & everyone decorated it & the house followed by a dinner. People slept on chairs pulled together, cots & on the floor in a small 3 story tenement home so as to be together (all sharing one bathroom) that would never happen today. LOL

4. TheGriff

TheGriff New Member

I don't send out a lot of cards, so I can print them myself. I used a graphics program and selected a stock artistic rendention of the Wise Men approaching Bethlehem. The outside message I chose, was the verse from the KJV: When they saw the star they rejoiced with exceeding great joy. The inside message was one of my own creation: "May your celebration be centered on the joy that Christ brings now and throughout the year."

Several people asked me where I got my cards.

I'm kicking around having an image with a stack of presents and the outside message saying: "Christmas is all about the gifts"

With the inside message of "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord."

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I LIKE that!! A lot!

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well when your done creating it, kindly send me a copy....its a great idea

Steve