1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chalking for Christ

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Ben W, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

I found this website on the Christian Top 1000, it is a ministry where the people involved do chalk pictures in a mall or somewhere popular before a crowd, as they are chalking they preach the word or pass around tracts. It looks like a really interesting ministry.

http://www.chalkingforchrist.com/

2. Mission Man

Mission Man New Member

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have not seen a "chalk artist" in many, many years. Thought they had all been erased (okay, bad pun).

Remember some back in the 60's doing it to reach a crowd. Think that would not be as effective today.

But glad to see it has not disappeared completely! :cool:

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

We had a fella come and do that for our AWANA sign up this year but I didn't get to see it. I teach the little kids and we keep them in another area.

The older kids and adults really liked it BUT they rave about the Crazy Tie Guy who does almost the same thing but juggles, etc.

www.crazytieguy.com

[​IMG]

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I haven't seen chalk artists in years, either.

I have seen Jillybean. She is out of Waxhaw, NC, but has nothing to do with chalk.