1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Champion Baptist College

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Bound4Glory, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Bound4Glory

Bound4Glory New Member

Is there anyone on the board that goes to Champion Baptist College or knows much about this school? I feel like the Lord is leading me to Champion and I would like to learn as much about it as possible.

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

Nothing is mentioned about accredidation which leads me to believe it is not accredited although I can't be sure.

The faculty is listed, but no academic background is provided for them. I looked at the church's website and it says the pastor who is the chancelor of the college has honorary docotorate degrees.

It looks like they only offer associate's and bachelor's degrees so it may be okay if you'll end your education there. It looks like the courses of study are good. If you intend on continuing your education into graduate work, you'll probably find it difficult to get into another school unless it, too is unaccredited.

The price seems quite reasonable, even if you live in the dorm.

Overall, I would do some more research before committing to this school. There are some excellent schools available that are accredited that are in the same ballpark for price. Some really good schools offer everything via distance learning so you can continue to work and or live at home.

Just my thoughts.

4. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

OK...disclaimer first: I do not mean this in a ill mannered way, ok?

Now, as for CBC, it looks like the typical IBF Bible College. The pastor is the head of the school, he went to an IBF college himself and has the standard honorary doctorate. With no accredidation and the Hyles-Anderson name mixed in, it is pretty much status quo in terms of IBF schools.

I'm not saying this is bad, and i'm not suggesting that this should not be a school to consider. Like the previous post mentioned, if you plan on getting your Bible school degree and that is it...go for it. But if you are looking for a more in depth education that you can build upon, you may want to consider looking for an accredited school.

I was just looking over the pastoral ministries track, and the fact that they require public speeking, congregational song leading, a youth worker class, prayer and ethics...along with the core curriculum (Math, history, English, Bible, theology, etc) really does impress me.

When it is all said and done, it's a matter of where God is leading you.

in HIS grip
    bobby

5. Brice

Brice New Member

[​IMG] Wise words from Bro. Ian and Bobby.

6. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And where do schools like Maranatha, Pillsbury, and Northland Baptist Bible Colleges and International Baptist College fit into your label "typical IBF Bible College"? Though, I think you mean "IFB".

The first three schools are board run ministries.

IBC is a ministry of Tri City Baptist Church. But, its leadership has earned doctorates (though not from SBC schools) and it is accredited.

7. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

Mr. Eric Capaci is the head of the school. I saw him at the Sword of the Lord Conference in July. Personally, I believe he is part of a dangerous flow of people who believe you are saved by repeating a prayer. This is not meant to be a doctrinal thread, but if you have children, or if you intend on winning people to Jesus, be aware that you will probably confuse them by teaching them to trust Christ as Savior and then taking them to a church where they have to "ask Jesus into their heart" to be saved.

8. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Yes, i did mean IFB and not IBF, typo on my end.

As for the schools you mentioned, i have no opinion of them because i haven't looked into those.
    The schools i have looked into are those i generally find in mailings we receive at my place of service from IFB ministries because a previous pastor leaned in that direction.

Personally i don't think my opinion matters a whole lot anyway...but i will look at that schools because i do plan on pursuing a D.Min. in the next couple of years.

in HIS grip
    bobby

9. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then I suggest you take a look at International. It has a D.Min program for men already in "the field".

10. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I always look for good advice...and will count this as that!
    Thanks Squire.

in HIS grip
    bobby