1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Charismatic Gift of Tongues

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by rlvaughn, Nov 12, 2020.

1. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was gifted a number of books by the widow of a preacher I knew. Among them was Charismatic Gift of Tongues by Ronald E. Baxter. I started to pass this one up, but after a second look decided to take it. Reading about tongues wasn't high on my priority list. However, I am glad I got it, and have found it to be one of the best books I have on the subject. I don't agree with with Baxter in all areas, but does a good job covering the entire ground and keeping his arguments cogent.

The author was born in Northern Ireland, and came to Canada when he was about 17 years old. He attended Central Baptist Seminary in Toronto, Canada, Waterloo Lutheran University in Waterloo, Canada, and has M.Div. and D.Mins from Luther Rice Seminary in Jacksonville, Florida. Baxter has pastored several churches in Canada, and has served in various capacities in the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada. He is author of two books published by Kregel Publications, this one and Gifts of the Spirit. He also writes for Christian magazines.

If you are looking for something on this subject, I highly recommend Charismatic Gift of Tongues.