1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CHARLES GIBSON

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by JFox1, May 24, 2006.

1. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

Yesterday, ABC announced that Charles Gibson will be the new anchorman for World News Tonight. ABC has been through a lot the past year:

On April 5, 2005, Peter Jennings announced he had lung cancer and was going to have chemotherapy the following week. During the night of August 7, 2005, Peter Jennings left this world and went to Heaven. In December, 2005, Bob Woodruff and Elizabeth Vargas became the new anchors. That didn't last long. On January 29, Bob Woodruff was very seriously injured by a roadside bomb while in Iraq. He's lucky to be alive and is still recuperating. Elizabeth Vargas is pregnant and will go on maternity leave. It's as if ABC News had been hit by a hurricane and is still trying to recover.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/WNT/print?id=1993658

2. TheRev

TheRev New Member

3. Daisy

Daisy New Member

It surprises me sometimes the amount of spite and venom some people throw on eulogies.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Amen, Daisy! Whenever someone dies, there is always the crowd stepping up to speculate if they are in eternal torture. Sick, sick, sick.

5. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

6. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

As much as I hated the general ABC slant on things...

I always liked to hear Peter Jennings report the news...

I tried to sit through a Charles Gibson show...

And, it was like watching an enemy propagandist...

It wasn't what was said... I just felt ccompletly ill at ease watching him...

I never felt that way with Peter. Even when I disagreed with him...

SMM

7. mozier

mozier New Member

JFox1,

God bless you for writing this! It is greatly appreciated.

I, too, am appalled and horrified when I see those who claim to be Christians on message boards (though many may well not actually be) speculate of whether someone is in hell or not. God forbid anyone going there! Would that all would be saved, indeed (though we all know that not all will be, of course, so no arguments or corrections please, anyone).

8. TheRev

TheRev New Member

Thank you, JFox1 for the information. I didn't realize that my simple question would raise the ire of anyone since there wasn't any ill intent in my asking. I simply had never heard anyone offer anything about Peter Jennings faith or lack of it thereof. I am glad to read what you have shared and I, too, watched him on the evening news more than any other. I had no idea that anyone could or would construe my question as "spite and venom" or "Sick, sick, sick." I take no pleasure in the reality of anyone leaving earth only to face eternal damnation and I certainly didn't intend to give anyone the impression that that is what I was after when I asked you about Peter. Perhaps people shouldn't read things into a post that simply isn't there. Or in the words of an age old proverb... He is not wise who judges the book by its cover.

9. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I'm sure you know your intent better than anyone, TheRev.

It's unfortunate that you chose to follow a single sentence of JFox1's comment on Jennings going to heaven by a question casting doubt on the same. I guess it was your request for "personal knowledge" concerning someone else's state of grace that seemed inappropriate and insinuating. However, since you say that was not what you meant, I'll gladly take your word for it.