1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Charles Stanley on Eternal Security

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Michael Wrenn, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

its called Millinium exclusion, and found here on BB under the noted at beginning for the "banned" items to discuss!

2. drfuss

drfuss New Member

The OP is about the eternal security beliefs of Charles Stanley and how they drffer from most in the SBC and other eternal security believers.

The biggest difference that I see is that Charles Stanley believes a person does not have to be trusting Christ when he dies to go to heaven. Almost all evangelical Christians believe that trusting Christ when you die is a requirement to go to heaven.

Christians who differ from Stanley on this include: Calvinists, most ES believers, Classic Arminians, Wesleyan Arminians, and the RCC. Only groups like the universalists and some small Calvinist groups, agree with Stanley on this issue.

To me, this is the major difference between Stanley's beliefs and what most Christian's believe. Yet, many Christians just look the other way concerning this issue. Why do Christians ignore this?

#22 drfuss, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2012
  3. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thank you!

4. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Millineal Exclusion is heresy and has been deemed such by this board's administrators. NOw i don't believe is is wrong to discuss it as it has been brought up here, I believe what has been banned is the promoting of it here on this board. I could be wrong, but I don't see bringing it up in a discussion such as it was here should be a problem, it's just when someone tries to defend it as truth.

Stanely is WAY WRONG on the issue of ME and I don't think he explains OSAS very well with his point of views, however, I have benefited from listening to him preach sound biblical topics many times.

5. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

To me, this issue also can open up a side can of worms, namely that just SOME would get raptured by the Lord, and rest left to "purify" themselves!

So that would be "mini" exclusion!

That is assuming one holds to a Rapture of course, as I do!

6. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

True believers cannot become unbelievers...unbiblical.

#26 Jedi Knight, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2012
  7. drfuss

drfuss New Member

Okay, so you disagree with Stanley's belief which is "a True Christian can stop trusting in Christ and still go to heaven in an unbelieving state". Most Christians also disagree with Stanley on this, but ignore it. Why do they ignore it?

Wouldn't you say a disagreement on what does or does not qualify a person for heaven when they die, should be a major issue?

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Believers that suffer from dementia or brain damage are now lost? Why the warnings about not becoming deceived (another physical result)?

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

10. drfuss

drfuss New Member

Originally Posted by drfuss [​IMG]
    Okay, so you disagree with Stanley's belief which is "a True Christian can stop trusting in Christ and still go to heaven in an unbelieving state". Most Christians also disagree with Stanley on this, but ignore it. Why do they ignore it?

I have no idea how your comment relates to what I had written above. Perhaps you were responding to someone else.

11. drfuss

drfuss New Member

Originally Posted by drfuss [​IMG]

So we should avoid Stanley?

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not seeing how you don't. Apparently you do not agree with Stanley on THIS point, which I do. If one cannot be deceived into believing something false concerning Christ and soteriology (many believers are "coming home" to the RCC based on their latest push...the great apostacy maybe?), then the warning given are not real or true. If a person can forget their own child due to dementia, why can't they forget Christ or revert back to pre-salvation?

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I ignore him. I have better things to do with my time. I can find much more profitable people to either listen to, or better yet to read. I have a library of excellent sermons from well known preachers. But the best one is the Bible.

14. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The life in the Spirit is a conscious determinate walk. Older people can and often do lose the mental powers and do revert back to cursing and the like. Their fleshly nature must be consciously "with the mind" opposed by yeilding to the Spirit of God. I have seen this occur many times when I worked in nursing homes. As a chaplain in the Baptist Hospital in Lexington Kentucky I talked to many children who were shocked that their godly parents and grandparents reverted back to cursing and hatefulness and other fruits of the flesh due to dementia, Alzheimers and other diseases that affected the mental state.

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Yes, he preaches a false gospel ! Before I was converted I was a member of his church !

16. drfuss

drfuss New Member

Okay, thank you for responding.

17. drfuss

drfuss New Member

Thank you for responding.

18. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

isn't it MORE true that he preaches the Gospel, but has misunderstanding in this one area?

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

He preaches a false gospel, he and andy !

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What bunk. Both teach salvation by grace through faith. You will give an account for your slander to the Lord one day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.