1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Charles Wesley's "Oh Horrible Decree"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by jonathan.borland, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tonight Jason, I am having some after dinner cream sherry! Its been cold here & I am in the mood for something smooth & warm. not to say I dont enjoy beer, I do!!! But Im kicking back this evening with some night music, a fire in the hearth & a little cream sherry.:thumbs:

2. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

LOL, I thought it was a pretty witty depiction of unsugarcoated Calvinism. Notice there is no real objection to Wesley's notion that God willed to create most people just to damn them. Sorry, but I just don't see that in the God of Scripture. And yes, I love to poke the bear and get a feisty response. I expect nothing less from true Baptists. So much fun! My form of amusement after (and even during) a day's work.