1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chastened at the JSOC?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Lacy Evans, Oct 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Jim, you forgot the teaching of the heresy of being pro-life! That's a Catholic doctrine!

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Now that's silly, we all know that means the Chevy whooped the rebuilt dodge and got tranny fluid all over the two of um... :BangHead: :BangHead:

Didn't they learn you anything?

3. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

Unfortunately, you are. Mistaken that is. Fortunately, that has been taken up in subsequent posts.

Hmmm. From this description, everyone will have to be chastened for that 1,000 years.

Thanks, but no thanks. If you can honestly state that you truly expect that you will spend your 1,000 years being chastened for sins commited, I'll listen further. Otherwise, I'll continue to believe that I'm forgiven.

4. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

Baptizing Converts
    Anointing folks with oil
    Partaking of Communion
    All these are Biblical practices taught in the Word of God.

Purgatory, or Millenial Exclusion is not. It cannot be backed up with Scripture without twisting the Scripture.

And Jim, for your information, the Catholic Communion is much different than the Baptist, Methodist, or Pentecostal
    Communions. The Catholics teach one is literally eating Christ's flesh and drinking Christ's blood.

Pope Gregory introduced the Catholic doctrine of Purgatory in 604 AD.

5. Diggin in da Word

Your idiocy and ignorance of God's Holy Word betrays you.

6. Diggin in da Word

Hope of Glory,
    All you do on this board is mock those teaching God's Holy Word and mock God's Word itself.

I was going to ask if you are saved, but I will not for it would be foolish. A truly saved person would not mock the truths set forth in God's Word as you do.

7. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In 2Cor 5:10 we see that we must all stand before the judgment seat of Christ to "give an ACCOUNT for the DEEDS we have done whether they be good or evil".

In Rom 6:23 the REWARD for evil deeds is stated clearly "death".

It is not "less cookies and candy"

8. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Well I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt in that you were asking an honest question, but you have proved me wrong. It was just more slander, and I can't prove my own point so I'll call them Catholic and hope that people will stay away from them and their teachings by way of associating them with something that people quesiton already regardless of its truth and validity.

I'm just curious if you all repent of speaking evil of fellow believers? Or are we all unbelievers so you can speak evil of us if you want to? Well that's kind of a silly quesiton because even if you are speaking evil of us unjustly it won't matter, becuase you little piece of paradise will be waiting on you no matter what you do. Sorry I forgot.

Well you can take advantage once, but I will not be fooled by you any longer Not Hard to Find. It's a shame that people can not have an honest look at Scripture without calling other people names. And here I thought I left elementary school a great many years ago?

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

A perversion of Scripture again, by taking Scripture out of context. This seems to be a hobby of so many on this board.

2Cor.5:10 clearly states that it is speaking of the Judgement seat of Christ. The words are even in the verse. It is not hard to miss. The Judgement seat of Christ is for Christians only. It has only to do with loss and gain of reward. Read the passage for yourself. No one will die. Death is not in the picture. There is no death at the JSOC. I challenge you to find death in 1Cor.3:11-15, which describes the JSOC. There is only rewards and the loss thereof.

Romans 6:23 does not speak of rewards for believers. Where do you get that from? So you take this verse out of its context and try to tie it in with the JSOC. This is called butchering the Word of God, not rightly dividing the Word of God.

The wages of sin is death. A wage is not a reward. A wage is something I earn. It is not given by grace; it is earned. Men earn their wages by the work that they do. A wage is earned. A reward is given without any work done. There is no reward given in Romans 6:23. The wages of sin is death. We deserve to die (spiritually and eternally) because of our sin. We have earned death. By our sin we have earned death. The wages of our sin; that which we have earned by our own wickedness is death. That is exactly what happened to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eve. They earned death by the disobedience to the command of God in the garden.
    There is no reward or loss thereof spoken of in Rom.6:23.
    DHK

10. Diggin in da Word

It is also a shame that people who call themselves believers would preach contrary to the Word and preach a doctrine that clearly is out of the Roman Catholic cult.

The definition of Purgatory was given and it is directly out of Catholism. It is the same doctrine you are teaching, J. Jump.

The ecumenical movement has duped you into falling into the hands of the foolish doctines of the RCC.

And no wonder... Paul warned of this in his second epistle to Timothy when he wrote:

And of course when the truth of the cultish doctrine is revealed, you are so blinded to the truth, you still deny it.

Fellow Believer? I am like DHK, I highly doubt it. The Bible tells me that if they preach another Gospel, or bring another Christ, let them be accursed. You are bringing a divided christ, nothing more, when you preach part of His body will spend time in outer darkness or hell.

You may have a form of godliness, but in preaching the false christ you are preaching, you are denying the very power of God to keep, to never cast away His children.

No, I do not believe in the christ you are bringing into the board. My Christ is not divided, nor will He ever be.

#50 Diggin in da Word, Oct 15, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2006
  11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What has this to do with the price of tea in China, or with the price of the Bible that you don't seem to be reading.
    I already pointed out to you (and others) that the entire chapter of 2Peter 2 is speaking of unsaved false prophets--all the chapter except for three verses which speak about Lot.
    What does your response have to do with this lot of unsaved false prophets?
    Do you have unsaved false prophets in your church, those whom you refer (as Peter does in 2Peter 2), as boastful, proud, swelling up with evil words, living after the lusts of the flesh, etc.
    You appy these words to those in the church, a church composed of baptized regenerated members. At least ours is. That is the definition of a local church. It is the only kind of church that I know of. We don't have unsaved unbaptized members in our church. If they are unsaved, they are not members by default.
    I am sorry to hear that the members of your church are full of unsaved false prophets as you infer. But ours does not.
    DHK

12. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Let me just say this to you, DHK, SFIC, Linda64, Not Hard to Find and others than believe like you and have slandered us as you have and have even gone so far as call us unsaved.

You all have your fun while you can. You continue to take pot shots at us. You continue to lie about us and misrepresent what we believe. You all continue to put words in our mouths that have not been said. You all continue to make stuff up about us with full knowledge that what you are typing is false.

You all continue to do that, but know that the Truth shall be revealed, and it shall be soon. And you are going to stand before your Judge and you are going to have to give an account for eveything that you have typed on these message boards. And just think what if all that we have said is true in light of what you have typed about us.

It's no wonder people abhor Christianity when some can't even show love for one another. I know you all think you are getting away with this non-loving attitude of yours because you don't think we are saved, but that's gong to be awfully hard to explain away on that day, because everyone that you have spoken against believes in the substitutionary death and shed blood of Jesus Christ the Lamb of God on their behalf because we are sinners.

So you go on treating us as you do, and you better hope and pray what we have been saying isn't the Truth!

"By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

13. Diggin in da Word

We don't have to hope and pray what you have been saying isn't the truth. We already know what you have been saying isn't the truth. And God's Word reveals to us that it is not the truth.

Why do you insist on preaching a message of a divided Body of Christ? The Word of God does not teach that.

Oh, and by the way, you say you believe in the substitutionary death and shed blood of Jesus Christ the Lamb of God, but you preach a different christ when you preach one that is divided. The devils also believe in the substitutionary death and shed blood of Jesus Christ the Lamb of God, but they can never be saved.

Your lie of saved spending time in outer darkness or hell did not come from the Word of God, it came from the very place you say some saved will go, outer darkness or hell.

You are forgetting J. Jump, if we do not point out to you your error of twisting God's Word into a lie, and allow you to die not knowing that the Body of Christ is not divided, nor ever will be; if we do not show you the Word of God concerning this subject (which we certainly have), we are not showing God's love.

But God has commanded us to speak the truth in love. If we did not love you, we would allow you to continue in the false teachings you adhere to, and not say a word to correct you.

#53 Diggin in da Word, Oct 15, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2006
  14. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Well, Bob, you're absolutely correct, except that I think for some it is loss of rewards that could have been had.

The question we need to ask then, what is "death"?

15. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

See this is the foolishness that has made me discontinue posting in these threads with you all. Your mind is already made up that what we say is incorrect no matter how much Scripture is presented to you, but you keep insisting that we prove something to you that you are not going to believe anyway. That's foolishness and a waste of time.

There is absolutely nowhere in Scripture where that is revealed. But even if they did it wouldn't matter, because Christ did not die and shed His blood for angels. He did it for mankind. So your statement is pointless.

So you again you all keep on doing what you are doing, but remember you are (just like we will) going to have to give an account for everything that you have typed. Just remember that!

16. Diggin in da Word

You have discontinued posting in these threads?

Amazing! And I thought you just posted here.

17. standingfirminChrist

I have to give it to you, J. Jump...

You have given enough Scripture to prove your point, albeit taken out of context, added to, and twisted as it were.

18. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Well, let's take a look and see: Nope, you're wrong.

If you look in Romans 6:23, you see the word "opsOnion". It's "provision-purchases". It's what you give to soldiers to live on, basically. It's their ration. It's found in Luke 3:14, Romans 6:23, 1 Corinthians 9:7 [translated as "charges" in the KJV], and 2 Corinthians 11:8.

"Reward" on the other hand, is "misthos", which means... Guess what? It means "wages" strictly, as in what you pay people who do work for you, such as in a vineyard. It's used in Matthew 5: 12, 46; 6:1,2,5,16; 10:41,42; 20:8; Mark 9:41; Luke 6:23,35; 10:7; John 4:36; Acts 1:18; Romans 4:4, 1 Corinthians 3:8,14; 9:17,18; 1 Timothy 5:18; James 5:4; 2 Peter 2:13,15; 2 John 1:8; Jude 1:11; Revelation 11:18; 22:12.

I think that looking at Revelation 22:12 says it best: "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be."

2 Peter 2:13 & 15 both have the word "misthos" in them, but it's translated as "reward" in one and "wages" in the other. 2 Peter 2:13, 15: "And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you; 15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;"

"Wages" have specifically to do with reward for your work; it's "hire". That's the only meaning the word has.

19. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

DHK, you're the only person here who has called anyone unsaved.

Churches (plural), are full of false prophets and false teachers. You're proof of that. You deny what the Scriptures say.

But, I honestly believe that you (and others in the church who teach falsely) are saved. Why? Because you have told me that you have believed on the Lord Jesus as your savior.

20. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Then, you're calling the Bible a lie.

We had a guest preacher this morning who preached on this very subject.

Matthew 25:30: "And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. "

It is prefaced in verse 14 that tells us that it's talking about the Kingdom of the Heavens and not being spiritually saved.

We're told that he called his servants.

The entire context is works.

Unless you think our spiritual salvation is dependent upon works, then the Bible has a lie right there in verse 30, because he cast his servant into outer darkness. And that servant kept that which was given to him, just didn't do anything with it.

I just don't understand why you insist on teaching a works-based salvation, yet claim to believe in the security of a believer. Those two are completely contradictory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.