1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Check out Rush's latest hilarious skit for the 1/2 Hour News Hour

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Aug 22, 2007.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The best way to check out Rush is the off button.

2. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

i saw it this past Sunday...probably the best opening skit since the first show.

3. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

This is by far the most pathetic show on television. I encourage everyone I know to watch this show, as it will go down in history as one of the worst ideas to ever show up on television. As radio personality Lionel has stated, this will be a cult classic. Simply put, it isn't balanced, and it isn't funny.

By the way, why would a "respectable" news outlet make an attempt to do a comedy show?

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's better than NBC's Saturday Night Live pile of *%#&.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have to admit that was pretty funny. :laugh:

6. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Notice i said the skit was good...i didn't say the show was that funny.
    Personally, i think it doesn't help Fox News out any and it should be moved to the Fox TV network.

7. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I have only seen it one time, but I think it is based on some very successful and funny CBC shows (this hour has 22 minutes, Royal Canadian Air Farce.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a news network having some fun, or at least trying to.

And in reality this is no different than Olbermann's show really, except that the producers and participants are bright enough to know that it is funny and silly, where Olbermann apparently still takes himself seriously.

8. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Actually, it makes SNL look good.....

What ever happened to "We report, you decide?" Why in the world would a news channel do a comedy show?

If you are going to throw Keith under the bus, then I guess you feel the same about Bill O'Reilly. I haven't even gone that far.

As for the 1/2 Hour Comedy Hour, it is a very amateur attempt to make a show similar to The Daily Show on Comedy Central. The glaring exceptions:

1. The Daily Show makes fun of everyone, not simply Democrats.
    2. The Daily Show is actually funny, whereas the 1/2 Hour Comedy Hour is nothing more than a bashing of anyone who is not conservative.

I guess it's simply more support for the idea that Faux News is anything but fair and balanced......

Regards,
    BiR

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:

Very funny skit. :applause:

10. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I don't think it has changed. But most people don't confuse humor and parody with news.

The same reason they do anything ... ratings.

Bill O Reilly (the very little I have seen) at least goes after people on both sides. Olbermann is nothing but a shill for the left wing. It's humorous to watch him because he does pretend to take himself so seriously. And yet his opinions so clearly lack argumentation and substance and critical interaction in so many cases it is embarrassing for the guy. I still maintain his worst move ever was leaving Sportscenter with Dan Patrick. They were the best ever on that show.

I don't watch the Daily Show so I don't know. I don't think Jon Stewart is taken seriously. He is a comedian. Unfortunately, it has led to the devaluation of actual news in search of a punch line. It may be very funny; I have no idea. If Fox wants to do it, who cares. The market will determine how long it will stay on.

I don't think so at all. Over the past few years, Fox has certainly been instrumental in pulling the news networks back to the center. That has been refreshing. Over all, when I used to watch news channels (I never watched them much and don't even have them now), I found Fox to be fairly even handed in giving time to both sides to make their point.