1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Check this out!

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by AZfiddler_Oct1996, Jun 10, 2005.

1. AZfiddler_Oct1996

AZfiddler_Oct1996 New Member

If you like fiddle, check out this website. www.dkmusicstudio.com It is my teacher's new website and it's got videos, sound clips, pictures, a chat room and lots of cool stuff... it's not totally done but its getting there. I'm in one of the videos. :eek:

-Alicia [​IMG]

2. Archeryaddict

Archeryaddict New Member

glad to see another fiddler on the forum!

3. Archeryaddict

Archeryaddict New Member

4. AZfiddler_Oct1996

You fiddle?? For how long????! Tell me about it!

5. Archeryaddict

Archeryaddict New Member

Been fiddling or should I say learning to fiddle for a year. I have a background with guitar, mando and bass. I have always wanted to learn but was always told that it is a hard insturment to learn but bought one last year in spite of it and have been hooked since.

I struggle with vibrato and a few shifts
    and of course all the various bowing techniques but It seems i have a natural ability for playing because every thing seems to come fairly easy... everything except that blasted vibrato
    I suppost that is one of those techniques that only comes with lots of practice time [​IMG]
    I can play of course a wide viriety of nursery school songs LOL but I have a reputwar of several Southern gospel Country and blue grass songs that I have learned so far

So how long have you been fiddling?

6. AZfiddler_Oct1996

I've been learning to fiddle for 1 1/2 years but I've been learning the instrument for about 3 1/2 years now. Shifts are easier to fix than vibrato IMHO. I'd try to tell you how, but I've only taught one person before so I'm not very experianced. Most of my students have been playing for less than a year, all but 1- and she can vibrato now. [​IMG] I'll wyl, I g2g to bed. It's already almost 2! (I just got back from camp) -Alicia

[ June 18, 2005, 04:51 AM: Message edited by: AZfiddler_Oct1996 ]