1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cheese, cheese everywhere

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Jul 11, 2018.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    t turns out that the Canadians do have a compliant about Ameican dairy prices because the American government is involved with milk production. This has led to a stockpile of cheese unprecedented in American history and it was caused in part because the federal government purchased $40,000,000 worth of it in 2016 to keep the price high.

I don't understand it but we have something called the Federal Milk Marketing Orders. Dairy is divided into four classes of products: milk, things like yogurt and ice cream, cheeses and butter. Apparently, the government sets minimum prices and divides the country into eleven regions. Somehow farmers get a regulated price for milk.

If Trump can clean up the Department of Agriculture and the government control of farm prices dating back to the Great Depression, he will accomplish what no one else has even tried to do to the best of my knowledge.

https://spectator.org/a-pretty-cheesy-subsidy/

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ..um, um, I could get into sum that guvment cheese,...