1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cheese discussion (formally "HELLLO post"

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Brother Adam, Sep 23, 2001.

1. For His Name

For His Name New Member

da Gina .... Ewwwwwwwwwwwww .... It is too early for his. Now no more soft cheese for me lol !!!!

2. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kathy: Anyone ever had HEAD CHEESE??? EWWWWWWWWWW!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kathy, that is the staple diet of Hungarian kids. We grew up on that stuff! [​IMG]

3. Kathy

Kathy New Member

TELL ME YOU ARE JOKING Brother Halo! LoL I don't even want to know what that stuff is made of! LoL

Kathy
    &lt;&gt;&lt;

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

The name implies it all Kathy! Just the smell of a guy's breath after eating it is enough to make you never date someone who eats it......ugh!
    da Gina

5. Kathy

Kathy New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gina:
    The name implies it all Kathy! Just the smell of a guy's breath after eating it is enough to make you never date someone who eats it......ugh!
    da Gina
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ugh! You have taken me to an all time disgust level! ewwwwwwww! LoL

Kathy
    &lt;&gt;&lt;

P.S. But we love you anyway Brother Halo! ;)

6. Joy

Joy New Member

Ok, ya wanna talk cheese, huh? Well from the resident Cheesehead herself - sharp cheddar is the best! :cool: After that, Ricotta stuffed in baked shells and dripping with mozzarella and tomatoe sauce, with Parmasan on top- ooooh it's so good!

Where are the rest of the Cheeseheads and former cheesheads? Nicole? Circuitrider? Viva Tommy Thompson! [​IMG] :D

7. superdave

superdave New Member

I hope you weren't referring to me as a "former" cheesehead. Transplanted/uprooted/exiled cheesehead maybe.

Muenster is my favorite. Also like Flavored cheese like Hot Pepper cheese, salami cheese, salsa, etc. Basically monterey jack with stuff thrown in. Garlic and Herb is good too.

And do I know cheese, I worked in a refrigerated warehouse attached to a cheese plant when I lived across the lake back when I was young :D I saw so much cheese, it just about became overwhelming. But the price was right. Cheese is much more expensive here in the holy land, and you can't get as many varieties, kinda like Brats, There's a La-shish or a Greek or Chinese restaurant on every corner, but just try to find fresh sausage in the grocery store! It's discrimination against Germans that's what it is! Whenever we go to Wisconsin I head for the cheese aisle and stand there in awe like I have found the holy grail.

8. Nicole

Nicole New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joy:
    Ok, ya wanna talk cheese, huh? Well from the resident Cheesehead herself - sharp cheddar is the best! :cool: After that, Ricotta stuffed in baked shells and dripping with mozzarella and tomatoe sauce, with Parmasan on top- ooooh it's so good!

Where are the rest of the Cheeseheads and former cheesheads? Nicole? Circuitrider? Viva Tommy Thompson! [​IMG]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy, the ONE night I actually sleep and I miss the interesting conversations...NO FAIR!!! :rolleyes: As a cheesehead myself...I have to say JOY knows what she speaks of...mmmmm you made me VERY hungry there Joy!!!

9. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kathy: Ugh! You have taken me to an all time disgust level! ewwwwwwww! LoL
    P.S. But we love you anyway Brother Halo! ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[​IMG] Most of the cheese mentioned above stinks like skunk or worst! Headcheese on the other hand smells a little bit of garlic and black pepper. That's the only seasoning you notice. But little ol' da Gina is exaggerating a bit when she refers to da breath. But we'll forgive her. Although, come to think of it, I would have a question. By her own admission, she is coming from a Jewish background, and she doesn't like garlic?! ;)

10. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joy:
    Ok, ya wanna talk cheese, huh? Well from the resident Cheesehead herself - sharp cheddar is the best!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Close Joy, ever so close, but you are all wrong: The best cheese is and will always be mild cheddar!!! Not only is it good as just cubes but its good on everything else: fries, broccoli, chips, sandwhiches, chicken wraps, and pretty much everything else.

Here's a toast to MILD CHEDDAR :D [​IMG]

Until next post, Adam

11. Grace

Grace New Member

I like string cheese!!!! I also like Easy Cheese on pretzels or Ritz crackers... What about Cream cheese on Bagles... But, my ALL Time Fav. Would have to be CHEESE CAKE!!! :D :D :D :D :D

12. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Excuse me Mr. Barnabas while I gasp and clutch my garlic ever so much closer to me even as I type! Whatever gave you that idea??!!
    I, who has written odes to garlic, *I*, who sees garlic as a meal, and mock those who would classify it as a (snicker) mere flavoring. Ha! I mock them!
    In fact, you may just have inspired me to start a thread on garlic. Yeeeesssssss, I'm going to start putting that together.
    Ok, enough on that for now. I'm getting all upset. And if you EVER dare question my love of garlic again, why, why, (splutter, choke)
    ANYHOW, it's got some kind of bloody vinegary like smell to it. Here's the thing. Did you ever have to clean up blood? Before you clean blood you pour bleach on it to help kill the ickies in it in case the person had anything that could be transferred, just in case you get any on you. When the blood and bleach mix it makes an unforgettable smell. Well, there's something in that stuff that's eerily similar to that scent. My unprofessional opinion is that they must add vinegar and with all the other junk they toss it it must have somewhat of the same effect as the blood and bleach, but to a lesser extent. Yummy! Sandwich, anyone?
    da Gina, garlic lover extraordinaire

PS. How do you keep getting my name in BOLD
    like that? I like it!

13. preacher

preacher New Member

It's like this GINA, I think anyway.
    It's wonderful to have a mind, well....sorta'
    anyway! :D

14. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

15. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thanks preachah! Great explanation! I could have funwith this! Hey, I can quote too?? But you'd still have to type the whole quote, or......would you? Hmm. Image. Hey, is that how you post pics? How cool! Hmm. I want to find a picture of a chicken and post it. I don't know why. What is code?
    Code:

Guess I'll find out! Are you sure this much fun is allowed on a BAPTIST board?
    da Gina

16. preacher

preacher New Member

By George, I think she's GOT IT!!!!!Way to go GINA! :D [​IMG]

17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My son-in-law says I have a cheesy mustache. Does that count?

And Baranabas, my jewish grandmother from Bohemia had headcheese in the fridge and a gallon jar of pickled pigs feet. Never could make the jewish-connection with that.

And for those who do not know, headcheese has as much in common with real cheese as Koolaid & Twinkies have with nutrition.

18. For His Name

For His Name New Member

Ok .. what about that Limburger Cheese? What is up with that????? I remember my mother used to eat it ... the smell that came from that stuff would take over the whole house!!!! Anyway, like that one?

19. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

How many of these do YOU recognize?
    1. Pompadour 11. Doux de Montagnes
    2. Parmesan 12. Brie
    3. Emmental 13. Ricotta
    4. Cheddar 14. Gruyere
    5. Gouda 15. Provolone
    6. Camembert 16. Colby
    7. Chevre 17. Muenster
    8. Stilton 18. Leyden
    9. Sapsago 19. Roquefort
    10. Limburger 20. Edam
    What you can learn from the New book of Knowledge!
    Krutt is a cheese made in the Asiatic steppes from camel's milk by drying the curd in the sun.
    Surati is a cheese made in India from buffalo' milk.
    I Samuel chapter 17, David is told to take cheese to the captain?
    Bet it was goat cheese! What kind of cheese is made from goat milk? I know Roquefort is, I wonder what else? Ewwww. Poor David. Can you imagine having to walk all that way in the hot sun with ten hunks of blue cheese tied to you?
    da Gina

20. Footwasher

Footwasher New Member

Sometimes I CRAVE cream cheese. Cheesecake and mushrooms stuffed with cream cheese (not to be eaten together though) were both fabulous inventions.