1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chelsea bashing

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Sep 29, 2005.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This thread IS NOT going to be of ANY interest to the vast majority of American members, but their few football (soccer) fans and this is for them.

Simple question - why all the Chelsea bashing all of a sudden?

They win the Premiership, win the first seven matches in the new season, play for a logical nil all draw in the CL, and they are the death knell of football in England?!?!

The venom being spat at them is almost unreal. Does success breed contempt?

2. Brice

Brice New Member

Couldn't the same be said for ManU a few years ago? I guess it's success and loyalty. Same reason most Americans hate the Yankees.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I suppose so Brice.

Should I tell you who I support and who I don't like ;) ?

It seems though that ManU, and Liverpool before them, were always media darlings. I wonder if that kind of support will come in time for Chelsea?

4. Brice

Brice New Member

I suppose the players were media darlings (on ManU). (I hate to use the Yankees pun again) Kinda like Jeter is a media darling. I personally like watching ManU, but am no fan. They annoy me for some reason [​IMG] . I think It's the fans. [​IMG] . Anyway it's nice to see another team come around and win some games. Go Chelsea!!

5. Brice

Brice New Member

It sure is tough to follow soccer here. I played soccer all the way up until my freshman year in college. I had a few knee surgerys that ended my career if you could call it that [​IMG] . I try to keep up with the Euro leagues, but it is tough in these parts. i get a lot of the Mexican league games here though.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Thanks Brice. I moved here 10 years ago and chose Chelsea when they were a mid-table team and have struggled with them over the years.

[​IMG]

7. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Why are people bashing the former President's daughter? :D [​IMG]