1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chicago Memorial Day Bloodbath

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, May 31, 2016.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...6-killed-bloody-memorial-day-weekend-chicago/

An incredible 66 people were shot, although just six were killed, over Chicago’s Memorial Day weekend. The carnage pushed the number of gunshot victims well above 1,500 this year in this Democratic-run city.

SNIP

So far this year there have been 1,514 people shot in Chicago. Of that number, 228 have been killed by the gunfire. An additional 26 murders by other means pushed the death toll to 254. Sixty-two of those homicides happened in May.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And this was just after the Mayor called for no gun violence over the weekend.

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those stupid guns just won't listen, even to politicians!

• Like Like x 1
  4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a former Chicagoan, I would like very much to go to Chicago to visit the Oriental Institute at the University of Chicago (a superb Assyrian collection) and to visit the Chicago Art Institute but I don't think that it is a safe place for an elderly person such as me with limited means.

Of course, Indianapolis per capita is bloodier than Chicago but Chicago gets the national headlines because of the large numbers.

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obviously, we need more and stricter gun laws in Chicago.

6. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don, have you seen the movie Cartel Land, which is about the state of Michoacán, Mexico? In beautiful Michoacán, it is illegal for a person to have a gun so only the corrupt government police and the drug cartels have guns. That is what Chicago is--a crooked police force with a disarmed population and large well-armed gangs.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure it does, well until a gorilla gets killed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rev., let me ask you think that incidents such as the gorilla hysteria show the USA to be a sick society?

9. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I think it shows the animal worship prevalent in the country, the callous attitude towards the inner cities, and hopelessness.

10. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bloodbath? You mean there was a mass conversion and crowds were 'washed in the blood?'

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you probably understood I was being facetious. Having lived in Illinois at one time, I feel qualified to say that, when it comes to gun ownership, it's one of the most communistic states in the U.S. To even purchase ammunition, much less own a gun, you have to have a Firearms Owner ID (FOID). If police come into your house and see a weapon, or evidence of a weapon, they can ask for your FOID; failure to produce one results in a fine and confiscation of weapons/ammunition.

Additionally, much of Illinois is actually a red state; but the population density is primarily around Chicago, which is blue. So even though you may know a large number of people throughout the state that are conservative, when it comes to elections, how Chicago votes is pretty much how the state goes.

I was happy to leave that state.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not rev but I would say maybe not however, the 2000 (average) abortions a day in the USA makes us a SICK SOCIETY.

HankD