1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chick and Mary and Baby Jesus

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by raymond, Apr 10, 2003.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have shown that EVEN best-selling Catholic Historians admit to the history of the RCC and the adoption of Paganism into the church.

You object by saying that you can find a historian who will avoid discussing the specific examples Bokenkotter highlights.

Note that the PROBLEM between historians is NOT that the specific historic incidents that Bokenkotter mentions are disputed or refuted by other historians.

The problem is that they "supress the mention of them".

The problem is that when they come to them, when they can bring themselves to mention the specifics that Bokenkotter lists -- they back of off the "historian" mode and say "by faith as a Catholic I hope this is not the case - I hope that a better explanation is found and verified historically - some day".

Your "best hopes" as to exactly how the differences between historians plays out - are well intentioned - but wrong.

In Christ,

Bob

2. GraceSaves

GraceSaves New Member

Bob,

Your entire last post...is based on...what?

So far, I see Bob's opinion being portrayed as undeniable fact. I see zero hard evidence.

God bless,

Grant

3. raymond

raymond New Member

[Icon 1] posted April 12, 2003 12:52 PM [Profile for Ps104_33] [Email Ps104_33] [Send New Private Message] [Edit/Delete Post] [Reply With Quote] An interesting point has been raised here but have not noticed any real explanations.

Why does the RC Church seem to make much of the "baby Jesus"? It seems that their Jesus is either dead on a cross, or a helpless babe in a manger or in Mary's arms.<<<<<<

Thanks Ps104,

I started the thread with the intention of learning why Chick and most no-catholics have an absolute aversion to images of:
    i) baby Jesus
    ii)Jesus Crucified
    So if some FIB's or SDA's would care to tell me what this all about, I'm all ears. Of course I have my own theory about this and it has nothing to do with Bella Lugosi......

raymond