1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Child Abuse!

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by bruren777, Nov 28, 2005.

1. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

I started the thread about animal abuse having no idea it would spark such a reaction. Some members were asking about abuse of children, a very good and necessary topic. I firmly believe that child abusers, should at the very least be locked up and never see the light of day for the rest of their lives.

I'm the product of a broken home, I'm the youngest of four adult children. My parents divorced when I was 3 years old, the home situation was so bad(there was drunkeness and physical violence between our parents) that the sister closest to me in age and I were placed in an orpanage. We were there two years, our father got us out. I don't know how he convinced the courts to do that.

He moved us to a remote region of northern Minn. He drank heavily, some times things were ok, a lot of times they weren't.
    Our mother got us away from our father somehow, I don't know all the details. I assume she heard of our situation and convinced the courts that she was the better parent.

My mother had remarried sometime while we were in the orphanage, she married another alcoholic.
    The whole thing repeated itself all over again.

With that said, there are diffrent forms of child abuse as you all must know, I wont go into all of them here. My abuse was emotional, I thank God that I didn't turn into an abuser or any other criminal.
    In these times there are so many children who are in abusive homes and CPS, child protective services appears to be bound by law to operate within certain parameters. The goal is to return children to their biological parents. Which is all well and good, however in some instances this is not in the best interest of the child.

I would like to hear some opinions on what should be done to protect children.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone who abuses a child should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

3. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

Thank you brother!

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

The most common problem involving child abuse, as well as most abuse crimes such as spousal abuse, date rape, etc, is that they go unprosecuted because the victims don't want to go through it all. I can certainly sympathize with the victim, but I believe that the victim who goes forward and allows the perpetrator to be prosecuted is doing a selfless and righteous act of sacrifice, and should be honored for that sacrifice. We're all better off when this happens. A victim, especially a monir victim, should never be made to feel that s/he did something wrong.

5. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

I believe we have an obligation to protect children and that if a child is removed from an abusive home there should be clearly mandated dates and requirements that had to be met. If they were met, the child should have clear access (regular private visits) to authorities to notify them of the true situation and if they are not met, the child should be given the opportunity to live with a non-abusive family.

I was doing children's home ministries when a little girl clung to me, sobbing, begging me not to let them force her to go on her visit with her father. The house parent explained to me that the child was at the home because the father had almost killed the mother and the child, yet, the court viewed his right to visit her as more important than her right to feel safe.

6. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

Children, victims of sexual predators. Sexual predators are the vilest of all criminals. Once found guilty in a court of law they should be made eunuchs at the very least. It would be better for them to have a millstone tied around their neck and thrown into the sea.

Luke, 17:2 "It would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around his neck than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin." NASB

While I'm on the subject, you can go online to find out if there are sexual predators living in your area. Where we live I can go online and find out what road or street they live on. It wont give their address. They should not be allowed to live anywhere near the general populace.

Laws need to be made more stringent regarding such criminals!

7. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

My police department puts them on line and gives the actual address, along with pictures, and what they were convicted off.

It is frightening.

In one zip code alone (which contains 3 elementary schools and 2 junior highs, plus a college campus for the city's Christian Univerisity) it shows:
    (Regarding a 33 year old male)
    Indecency with a child
    3 year old female
    Risk Level: Moderate

Sexual Assault
    (Regarding a 31 year old male)
    22 year old female

Indecency with a child
    (Regarding a 43 year old male)
    15 year old female

(Regarding a 37 year old male)

Indecent Exposure
    53 year old male

Regarding a 57 year old male.
    Aggravated Sexual Assault
    4 year old female

Regarding a 22 year old male
    & Indecency with a Child
    13 year old Males
    Risk Level: N/A

Regarding a 34 year old male
    Indecency with a Child 2X
    1 year old Male 3 year old Female

Regarding a 61 year old male
    9 year old female

Regarding a 25 year old male
    13 year old female
    Sexual Assault
    15 year old female
    Risk Level: High

Regarding a 66 year old male
    Sexual Assault
    42 year old female
    Risk Level: Low

Regarding a 50 year old male
    Indecency with a child
    15 year old female

Regarding a 27 year old male
    Sexual Assault
    21 year old female
    Risk Level: Low

Regarding a 55 year old male
    Sexual assault child
    8 year old male
    Risk level: Moderate

Regarding a 47 year old male
    Sexual Assault Child
    12 year old Male
    Risk level: Low

Regarding a 31 year old male
    Sexual Assault
    18 year old Female
    Risk level: High

Regarding a 47 year old male
    Indecency with a child
    8 year old male

Regarding a 61 year old male
    Aggravated Sexual Assault Child
    12 year old Female

Regarding a 49 year old male
    Attempted Aggravated Sexual Assault
    15 year old female

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

For child sexual abusers there needs to be the straitest punishment possible, those are the most vile people I can think of.