1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Children and Videos

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Jun 23, 2001.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Do you permit your children to watch Disney, Barney, Teletubbies and other similar type vidoes/shows?

If so, why?

If not, why not?

2. MagicDar

MagicDar New Member

Yeah... actually I watch whatever shows or videos my son watches and if they are not what up to my standards to what we teach him as godly then he doesn't watch them. He has a Mary Kate and Ashley video that is the cutest video, but one particular part in it we feel is very scary and creepy so instead of taking the whole video from him we just wait till that part and forward it thru to the rest of the video.

As for Disney, teletubbies (sp?) and Barney or whatever else is out there, my husband and I have no problems with him watching it, although I hate Barney (an adult thing hahah)

I do try to press in on the veggie tales and that type of stuff with him though. -dar