1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Children disciplined by vinegar, pepper, cold showers:

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by dianetavegia, Aug 26, 2003.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Corrigan said she was a former employee of the Baptist Children's Home and Family Ministries.

Children disciplined by vinegar, pepper, cold showers:

INDIANAPOLIS, Aug. 26 (UPI) -- Three Indianapolis children were forced to drink vinegar, eat peppers and take cold showers as a form of discipline, sheriff's deputies said.

Marion County sheriff's deputies found the malnourished children ages 10, 8 and 6 with rashes Sunday after a neighbor reported "banging and howling" from the apartment. Deputies said one boy told them that he had been kept in the bathtub all day.

Police said the mother and two other women gave the children acid-reducing gum to offset the effects of the vinegar and peppers.

Mary Corrigan, 33, and her friends, Edee Mowrer, 36, and Julie Watson, 26, were arrested on preliminary charges of child neglect, the Indianapolis Star reported.

Court records showed Corrigan said she was a former employee of the Baptist Children's Home and Family Ministries. Watson said she worked for Acme Health Services, a local firm that specializes in home health care, the Star said.

Copyright 2003 by United Press International.
    All rights reserved.

http://interestalert.com/brand/siteia.shtml?Story=st/sn/08260000aaa06303.upi&Sys=rmmiller&Fid=NATIONAL&Type=News&Filter=National%20News

2. Walls

Walls New Member

Not sure what to say about this?

If I had a child I couldn't discipline by rod, or taking away things, then I might try something else: After all it wasn't that long ago when we used to eat soap if we said something bad.

But anymore, when I hear of abuse towards children and it is the same sex caretakers, it makes we wonder?

Romans 1: 24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
    25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
    26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
    27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

3. Elnora

Elnora New Member

Well them being undernourished is a good indicator of neglect. If a person won't even give a child the basic necessities of life and it doesn't bother them they certainly won't be bothered by abusing them. I don't believe in putting soap in a childs mouth either. There is a proper way to discipline. They are EVIL and VILE!They should be charged with abuse and the children taken for good! :mad: