1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"children's Church" questions

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Jun 17, 2001.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

1.) Do you care for children during the worship service so that they are in a separate room during the service?

2.) If so, what ages do you keep separate?

3.) If you keep above three year olds separate, what curriculum do you use during this time?

4.) If you keep school age separate, why?

2. Joy

Joy New Member

We are still pretty new, so we have about 10 chldren ages 4yrs. - 5th grade. Those children are all together for S.S. and junior church. My daughter will be 4 next Sunday, but has been allowed to go with the "big kids" most of this year, because she was the only one that was too big for the nursery but too young for SS and junior church.

The ideal is to split children in groups as close in age as possible, like 2's and 3's, or 3rd and 4th grade, ect, unless you are large enough to have one class for each grade. Learning and development are so different between 3 and 10 or 12, that it makes preparation and delivery a real challenge!

In the church we grew up in, they had 2hr S.S. for ages 2-5 in separate classes. They split 1st grade - 3rd and 4th - 6th for primary and junior church hour. During S.S., they were two grades per class.

We currently use Regular Baptist Press.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

We have had a children's church for the last couple of years now.
    It is I believe 2-5 years old, in two different classes (2-3 yrs olds in one class, all the others in the other class.)This during the worship service and is seprate from Sunday School. At 6 they graduate from children's church, to "big church". They recieve a certificate, and thier own children's bible.

I don't work in the area, so I don't know what material they use, but I do know they use some material aimed just for those age groups, like Sunday School is.

Hope this is what you were asking for. [​IMG]