1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Childrens Ministry

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by steaver, Jan 9, 2011.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Greetings brothers and sisters in Christ,

I have been blessed with the appointment as Christian Education Director for our church for 2011. We have 101 members and about 160 in attendance at Sunday worship.

My first priority is our childrens ministry during the Sunday morning worship service. We have anywhere from 15 to 25 kids between grades K-6.

My questions for you are what does your church do for this age group? What have you found that works very well? Are the children all together? Do you seperate them into age specific groups? Do you use a program?

Our church has experienced growth now for the past two years and we want to provide a top notch Jesus Christ honoring ministry for the children.

Any ideas would be greatly appreceated!

God Bless!

2. ccclove499

ccclove499 New Member

I love that your first priority is the children's ministry. 15-25 kids doesn't seem like that many but maybe it's the curriculum that you are using. At my huge church we put on a huge production every single weekend with actors, dancers, singers, hosts, etc. The kids basically watch a Broadway production every week and our attendance is out of the roof as a result. I understand that most churches can't produce the talent or time required for that kind of show every Sunday but I would recommend you still try to go above and beyond. You could consider using an outside source for your weekend material. I am pretty sure that smaller churches in our area have used www.gospellight.com. Good luck! Nothing is more rewarding then building a successful children's ministry! :)

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Our church uses the Northpoint stuff called PromiseLand and it's really good. There is a larger group time with all of the kids and then they break into smaller groups. Our children's ministry is about your size and we have two groups - K-3rd grade and 4th-6th. It seems to work out really well!

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

A lot of different churches do it a lot of different ways.

A. Break into groups for the whole time. K-3 and 4-6, or depending on numbers, k-2 and 3-6. Or, if enough, one group for each grade....

B. Big group then small group.

C. Small Group then big group.

D. One big group the whole time.

There is tons of good curriculum, all adjustable.