1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Choice 'A' or Choice 'A', Which will it be?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by humblethinker, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    jbh28 my brother.....when do you get tired of this "Same old, same old" crud discussion....really!

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "I . . . I . . . I . . . I . . ." Puh-leeze. One might as well insist he chose his own parents.

Well, aren't you glad you are better than they are? That you loved God more?

Why do you choose to feel sorry for me?

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "I . . . I . . . I . . . I . . ." Puh-leeze. One might as well insist he chose his own parents.

I was just wondering meself....Do babies decide to be born?

does water decide to be wet? does fire decide to burn? do flowers decide to bloom? do birds decide to fly?

4. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

EWF...

No I didnt. Not everthing in calvinism is corrupt. And calvinism is not the only group that has systematic theology.

But what I am doing is commenting on some of the VERY false teachings that exist in Calvinism.

Thats not neccesarilly so. We are all works in progress.

What does a certain part of the U.S. have to do with anything?

Yes, and Praise the Lord for that! Its Gods way. He certainly doesnt have any monolithic teaching authority dictating to people how they must believe. God help us if that ever happens. We would be in the same God forsaken mess that the Catholic false church is in.

Aic

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

No, my argument is very simple, a small child could easily understand. It is Calvinism that says man is free to make a choice but cannot choose for God because he is a slave.

Calvinism says God decrees all events that happen, yet God does not cause evil events.

Up is down, black is white, day is night, it is all the same in this view. Trying to debate with you guys is like being in Wonderland.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would beg to differ with you as nothing is corrupt in Calvinism however your teachings are humanistic and so dont support Gods Complete Sovereignty. This results in a theology that is not exclusively God centered but is distorted in the direction of self. Not I or my family could ever follow a system of theology like that.

7. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Aaron...

I said...

You responded...

Better than they are? Have you lost your mind? We are all sinners, Aaron. We are all wretches. Every last one of us. Nobody is "better" than anyone else.

This is very basic, Aaron. We are all sinners.

Me...

You...

Because you seem so confused.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh you puny mortal.....tell me, what answers did God give Job?

9. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

The PlayStation Network is down! What else am I suppose to do :D:laugh:

10. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

He makes a choice to do what he wants to do. He's a slave to his sinful will. He is free to make choices. We all make choices according to our will.

Well, thanks for the Christlike attitude. No reason for me to keep repeating it because you have chosen not to want to learn. Just don't play with matches. Straw men can burn really easy.

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You had to be if you chose Christ and the others didn't. You were either smarter, braver or loved God more than they did. There is no other reason you can cite that would explain the difference in your choices.

Apparently you're not as bad as some.

12. Winman

Winman Active Member

The Philipian jailer wanted to be saved, yet he was not saved because Paul told him he must believe on Jesus to be saved.

So here you have a sincere man who wanted to be saved before he even had knowledge that he must believe. And even you believe regeneration and faith happen at the same time, so here is a man who desired to be saved before he was regenerated.

Do you disagree?

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now your getting it Brother.....Finally claiming off the merry go round! go watch a ball game. Better than spinning your wheels. Done with it myself.

14. Winman

Winman Active Member

The Philipian jailer wanted to be saved before he was told he must believe in Jesus.

How could this man be regenerated when he did not have knowledge of what he must do to be saved? He couldn't believe, he did not know to believe. It was only after Paul informed him that he must believe on Jesus and then preached the gospel to him and his family that he believed.

Unlike other Cals, you say regeneration and faith occur at the same moment, but this man had desire to be saved before he even knew faith was necessary. Therefore, he had desire before he was regenerated.

Explain that.

15. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course, this man wanted to be delivered (Greek word) from the punishment/death he would face for a prisoner escaping - that was Roman law. Paul twisted his self-preservation words (What can I do to be delivered) and made it into a spiritual/gospel invitation to trust Christ.

Don't you do that, too? Someone will mention and event or headline and we use it as an inroad to the Gospel?

ALL men everywhere are commanded to repent and believwe the Gospel. When we don't we heap even more condemnation on our souls.

Are repenting and believing "good" or "righteous" things that man should do (in the sight of God)? YES.

But can man do ANY "good" or "righteous" (in the sight of God)? NO.

So there must be an invisible, internal change that takes place. The jailor did repent and believe - indication that he possessed a new nature capable of repenting and believing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.