1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Choosing b/w Southeastern and Mid-America Seminaries

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Heb11:6, Jan 12, 2007.

1. PeterM

PeterM Member

I just graduated from MABTS this last December and I can attest that it has its quirks like any other seminary, but on par I have been greatly blessed by my 3 years there. Keep in mind what a seminary education is intended to do... give you tools. Where you get those tools is less important than actually getting them, so follow where God leads. If were left up to me, I would have never selected MABTS. It was, however, exactly where God wanted me to be.

To address the issue of the future and how a degree from a particular school will impact how you might be received by a church or ministry, I have made this observation. Any church/ministry that would look down at a MABTS grad and readily accept a grad from the "big six" is one that is operating outside the realm of Godly practice. It is the individual that should be evaluated, not the school they graduated from. I have only had to remind a single search committee to not assume that they know who I am based on my being a MABTS student/grad. I am grateful that the negative reputation seems to be fading away and that MABTS grads are receiving the same fair treatment as any other seminary grad.

If you are referring to Chad Grigsby... he and I both graduated this last December and I can attest that he did in fact wear a tie nearly every day.

#21 PeterM, Jan 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2007
  2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Nearly everyday.

Interesting.

3. PeterM

PeterM Member

I think every male student has days where the tie gets left at home for one reason or another.

Keep in mind that the dress code has only been a written policy in the last few years and now only "peer" enforced since the fall semester.

Another element to consider is the new facilities that MABTS just completed and moved into (both academic and student housing). Both projects are complete and are amazing. Having visited four of the six SBC seminaries, the new MABTS facilities are excellent and in many areas superior to anything I have seen.