1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Christ and the Ten Commandments.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Hobie, May 23, 2020.

1. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Need to open your eyes and see what clearly are the traditions of man, that have crept into the church, and being taught and followed even today, setting aside Gods Commandments for these unsriptural traditions not of God.

#41 Hobie, May 30, 2020
    Last edited: May 30, 2020
  2. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He is more and we fail to understand as Jesus Christ is Lord even of the Sabbath day. We have to grasp the fullness of that statement and what scripture shows us.

Matthew 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

By identifying Himself as Lord even of the Sabbath day, Jesus was, in reality, revealing that He Himself was the One who originally made Earth in six days, and rested on the seventh day. The New Testament is very clear that Jesus Christ is not just our Savior, but is also our Creator. Notice :

John 1:3 All things were made by Him, and without Him was not anything made that has been made.

John 1:10 He [Jesus] was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not.

Ephesians 3:9 God, who created all things by Jesus Christ.

Col. 1:16 For by Him [Jesus] all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

Thus Jesus Christ is our Creator. The One who created, rested. Thus the Sabbath commandment, when correctly understood in the light of both the Old and New Testaments, points to Jesus Christ

Now some may say but God the great Jehovah created the earth in the beginning, but here is were the mystery of the Trinity has to be understood in order to understand who Jesus was.

Jesus is the Jehovah of ALL the Bible. He is the LORD Jehovah that walked in the cool of the day in Eden. Jesus was the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Jesus was Jehovah God who gave the Ten Commandments. Jesus was Jehovah God who was in the pillar of fire by night and cloud by day. Jesus was Jehovah God who appeared to Moses in the fiery bush and declared I am that I am.

Jesus Claims About Himself - John 8
    48 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?
    49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.
    50 And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.
    51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
    52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.
    53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?
    54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
    55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
    56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
    57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
    58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
    59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

With solemn dignity Jesus answered, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM." Silence fell upon the vast assembly. The name of God, given to Moses to express the idea of the eternal presence, had been claimed as His own by Jesus.

Lets look at this story of Moses and the Burning Bush.

Exodus 3:14-15 14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. 15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Now scripture shows us even more clearly who Christ is, if we just let the Holy Spirit guide us into truth.

Revelation 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Revelation 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Revelation 2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Revelation 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Isaiah 41:4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isaiah 48:12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

And we see who is our Savior:

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD ; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isaiah 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Hosea 13:4 Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

1 Timothy 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;

2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen. (2Pe 3:18 )

Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

He is our salvation..

Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

Jesus clearly is the Creator, Jehovah, the First and the Last, our Saviour and Lord of the Sabbath. It is His day of worship from Creation, the day of rest, made for man not man for the Sabbath..

Genesis 2
    1 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.
    2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

The Sabbath was not just for the Jews, but for all mankind which the Creator gave us. Our Lord and Saviour shows us.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The first days in genesis were 24 hours long, but final day was indefinite time, until God gave the Mosaic law to Moses!

4. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think you have stepped into a personal interpretation there my brother...

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really, as other 6 days have a morning and night save for final Day!