1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CHRIST GOING TO HELL OR HADES AFTER RESSURCTION

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by dal747, Apr 12, 2006.

1. dal747

dal747 New Member

i need some help explaining this to my discipleship class.Did CHRIST go to hell after he died and did he get the keyes to hell and did he bring the people out of sheol the good part.If anyone could help i would be grateful

2. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

Another thread had this topic here was my response on a few posts

[edited for copyright violation. See this source: http://www.heaven.net.nz/answers/answer17.htm ]

[ April 13, 2006, 02:05 AM: Message edited by: Bible-boy ]

3. rjprince

rjprince Active Member

good post Frenchy... [​IMG]

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Part of it is directly copied and pasted from this site: LINK

The rest is copied and pasted from other sites.

I'll be notifying the moderators of this plagiarism immediately.

5. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

actually this was sent to me by email from a friend when i asked what they thought about the subject. i have no idea where he got it from. everything i get from the net i post a link to

just can't wait to get rid of me i see.
    sure have a lot of IDLE time on your hands
    1 Tim 5:12-15

While in the Grave, Jesus Went to Hades (Paradise)

Upon Jesus' death, He (and one of the thieves crucified with Him) went to Hades (Acts 2:27, 31). There are two realms in Hades ---- one is a place of comfort and rest, the other is a place of torment (Lk. 16:19-31).
    Before His death, Jesus tells us that He would go to Paradise after dying on the cross (Lk. 23:43), which corresponds to the Hadean realm of comfort and rest (Lk. 16:19f).
    The Bible tells us He was in Hades, Paradise (Acts 2:27, 31; Lk. 23:43). Jesus did not go to hell (the place of eternal torment), while His body was in the grave.
    Remember that these are the recorded words of Jesus himself.
    Taken literally it suggests that the world of the dead is/was divided into 2 regions. One for the wicked and the other for the righteous. The wicked are in torment in hell and the righteous are/were in peace with Abraham. There was/is a chasm between the 2 places that stopped either side from crossing to the other, yet they could/can still communicate with each other.
    Jesus went to Hades/Hell after He was crucified on the Cross according to the scripture.

[edited for copyright violation. See this source: http://www.heaven.net.nz/answers/answer17.htm ]

[ April 13, 2006, 02:03 AM: Message edited by: Bible-boy ]

6. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Hello Frenchy,

The above quoted and italicized material that you posted is a direct copy (at least in part) from the following website: http://www.heaven.net.nz/answers/answer17.htm

Posting this material in full without a reference to its original author(s) is plagiarism and as such is a violation of BB User Agreement which states in part:

A good rule of thumb for you to follow in the future is if you are going to post such material only copy a paragraph or so, give a reference to the original author or source, and then link to the original material. However, your own original thoughts and work are preferable. Remember that you are ultimately responsible for the material you choose to post here on the BB, even if it is something that someone else e-mailed to you and it is your responsibility to verify the original source in order to avoid copyright infringement and plagiarism problems.

Yours in Christ,

Bible-Boy,
    Forum Moderator

[ April 13, 2006, 05:02 AM: Message edited by: Bible-boy ]

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

No Frenchy, it's not an attempt to get rid of you. As a writer, I take special offense to plagiarism.

BTW, you also posted the same article previously, here on the board: LINK

And when you did, you stated on that thread that you used four sources for your info, which makes it sound as if you'd looked at four sources and then wrote it.
    But now you said you copied it from an email and have no idea where it came from.

And just say thanks. My "idle" time may save you from jail time, or at least a hefty fine. Copyright violations really do tick some people off and are against the law. It's not hard to cite sources. Simply right click the link and hit copy, then hit the button under the posting box here that says "URL", and you just right click in it and hit paste and enter. It will then prompt you to enter a name for that link, and you can name it whatever you want. For example, "My source of information", or "the original article", whatever you want.

Then it's there, neat and simple. It isn't as hard as it sounds, and is certainly worth learning rather than risking legal problems. [​IMG]

8. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

bible boy i will say it again that came to me from a friend by email i assumed since he sent it he WROTE it. I am not obligated to give out friends of mines names that would be infringing on their privacy.

I have yet to break the rules on copying and pasting.

9. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

Jail time [​IMG] just shows how much you know about the law and the internet. [​IMG]

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

So if someone were to send you a chapter from Hodges Systematic Theology without telling you that it was from Hodges Systematic Theology, that would absolve you from all guilt just because it was in an email from a friend, and she never told you where it came from, or from where she plagiarized it?
    Do two wrongs make a right?
    DHK

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

How much do you know about the Bible.
    Proverbs 14:9 Fools make a mock at sin:

12. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

so if someone emailed me a joke i can't post it. i doubt it if it circulates on the net it is fair game, no matter WHAT it is. websites, jokes, post from other threads, ANYTHING!

there are people who flat out slander and liable people and yet NOTHING can be done about it. it's called "Freedom Of Speech" i know this for a fact as we know someone in a business that is being slandered by a discruntle member and even though these people being slander have millions of dollars there is NOTHING legally they can do to stop this guy. Unless you can prove key word PROVE that your business is being effected by the slander they can't do anything.

don't tell me how the law works on the net i know, i have friends and family members who are lawyers.

if what you mods are saying is true than it should be MANDATORY that every post on the BB that is quoted have WHO wrote it. i have and others have been quoted without the poster putting WHO wrote the quote. isn't that plagiarizing?

13. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

hey great verse to put on the marriage thread wish i had thought of that [​IMG]

How much do you know about the Bible.
    Proverbs 14:9 Fools make a mock at sin:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Hello Frenchy,

If that is the position you wish to take then you had better not post the stuff that your friends e-mail to you because the BB user agreement requires you not to violate copyright laws regardless of where or from whom you received the material. If a friend sends you something and you wish to post it on the BB you are obligated by the BB user agreement to get permission from that friend to do so and provide the reference in order to avoid any possible copyright infringement. If your friend refuses to allow you to reference his name then you can not post the material. However, in reality it is not the case that your friend actually wrote what you posted. Clearly, it was copied from a website. All you had to do was type a few words of the material into a Google search and it would have turned up the original source.

I have explained to you how you violated the BB user agreement, how to check for original Internet sources, and how to properly quote and reference material that belongs to others. Yet again, it is preferable that you post your own thoughts, ideas, and work. Please be more careful when posting in the future.

Yours in Christ,

Bible-Boy,
    Forum Moderator

[ April 13, 2006, 05:10 AM: Message edited by: Bible-boy ]

15. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

I recall this being a rule

"show grace to other posters"

i guess that doesn't apply to me

16. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

I will say it again

if what you mods are saying is true than it should be MANDATORY that every post on the BB that is quoted have WHO wrote it. i have and others have been quoted without the poster putting WHO wrote the quote. isn't that plagiarizing?

17. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Who has failed to show grace to you?

18. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Your reasoning here seems correct at first glance. However, according to the BB User Agreement:

Thus, the posts you make here are "protected by copyright, and owned and controlled by BaptistBoard.com" (unless you want to go to the expense of legally copyrighting, in your name, eveything you post prior to posting the material). Therefore, as long as the BB Webmaster does not require that every quote taken from a post on BaptistBoard.com must be accompanied by a reference to the original poster your assertion is false.

Yours in Christ,

Bible-Boy,
    Forum Moderator

[ April 13, 2006, 04:44 AM: Message edited by: Bible-boy ]

19. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

This thread has drifted way off topic and as such it is now being closed. To view a similar thread that has remained on topic see here:

Jesus and Hell question link

[ April 13, 2006, 06:40 AM: Message edited by: Bible-boy ]