1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ is God vs. Christ is man enabled

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by PreachTREE, Jan 27, 2007.

1. PreachTREE

PreachTREE New Member

I don't want to sound heretical. I spoke with a couple Jehovah's Witnesses today. Obviously we discussed the deity of Christ.

So here's my question....

Why is it essential that Christ be God and not just a man enabled by God?

Thanks.....

Don't worry I'm not a Jehovah's Witness yet... :praying:

2. Snitzelhoff

Snitzelhoff New Member

You mean besides the Bible being really clear on the subject and any other conclusion consequently denying clear Biblical teaching?

Christ's sacrifice had to have infinite worth. A man, even a man enabled to be perfectly righteous, is worth at most one human life. Christ had to be worth much more. Furthermore, Jesus accepted worship, something no mere follower of God--however close to Him--would ever do. So if Jesus isn't God, He was quite the blasphemer.

Those two points come to mind off the top of my head. It will be interesting to see what others have to add.

Michael

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christ being a God-enabled mere man makes God a respecter of persons.
    Also, that will make the Bible false when it says all have sinned because obviously here is one man whom God exempted from sin.
    All have sinned will include even those in the womb whom the Bible says
    are estranged from the womb speaking lies (Psalm 58:3).