1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Christ Married to the Elect before the foundation !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by savedbymercy, Jun 9, 2015.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Isa 54:5

For thy Maker is thine husband; the Lord of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

The word Maker is a term used in Creation Gen 1:7,16,25

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good

Neh 9:6

6 Thou, even thou, art Lord alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

Gen 1:26

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Gen 2:18

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

In Isa 54:5 Christ is speaking to His Church, whom He Created in His Own Likeness and Image, His Wife ! He also is Her Redeemer, for She was made for a Redemptive Purpose in Him !

Gill comments on Isa 54:5

Adam and Eve at Creation were a picture of Christ and the Church, A Mystery Eph 5:30-32

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Vs 31 is taken from the Creation Narrative Gen 2:23-24

23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Now because the Marriage Union legally existed with Christ and the Church before the foundation Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us[The Church Eph 5:25] in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

It was manifested in the Creation of Adam and Eve, for this is important to establish why the Churches sin debt was His, and His Redemptive Payment was hers !

Understand something, If not for this Elective Union of Christ and His Church before the foundation, there was No Legal basis for her sins to be charged to Christ for Him to come into the world and die for !

Where we read 1 Jn 4:10

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

If not for the Election Union and Legal Marriage of Christ and the Church before the foundation, God could not have Justly and legally sent Christ into the World to be a propitiation for her sins !

2. BrotherJoseph

BrotherJoseph Well-Known Member

Brother Saved By Mercy,

Good post regarding the important doctrine of eternal vital union. Just as Eve was in Adam prior to being taken out of his rib and they were one flesh, in like manner the elect church were in Christ prior to the foundation of the world. Unfortunately this doctrine is preached in very few churches these days.

I heard a preacher point out that Eve wasn't taken from Adam's rib until after God had rested from all His works on the seventh day, in like manner, the church, though in Christ before the foundation of the world, was not manifested until after Christ's work was finished.

God bless,

Brother Joe

#2 BrotherJoseph, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015
  3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Yes and I find it to be a essential Gospel Doctrine, in forming the legal foundation for Christ being charged with the sins of those He died for!

4. BrotherJoseph

Does your church preach this important doctrine brother? Mine does.

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Truth comes from God and He reveals it to His servants! Are you here to discuss a church or the Truth of God? Me it's the latter!

6. BrotherJoseph

Brother SavedbyMercy,

Well God's truth should be found in the church as Paul writes, "the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth" (1 Timothy 3:15). The only reason I bring it up is because prior to living in Columbus, OH I use to live in the Atlanta area like you (Kennesaw, GA and Woodstock, GA) and there are a couple of absoluter Primitive Baptist churches there I know of that preach Eternal Vital Union, that one is saved solely upon the blood of Christ, and that one is born again prior to believing the gospel. They have doctrine similar to what I have seen you preach on the boards and I know churches that believe the truth are hard to find these days, thus I thought I would inquire if you have a place to gather with the saints to worship and if not, if you were interested, I would let you know about ones in your area that I know of that believe the truth.

God bless,

Brother Joe

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

See my previous reply!

8. BrotherJoseph

Ok brother, I respect your privacy!

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Eternal Justification before the world began

Though its not specifically stated, it is strongly indicated and signified in 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

This Grace was given [True Believers] us in Christ Jesus [when] before the world began, and yes this is one of those deep things of God of the Gospel that the natural man cannot receive, it must be revealed by the Spirit 1 Cor 2:10-14, this Grace was given believers in Christ Jesus their Covenant Head and Mediator, before the world began, in which Grace comprehended all spiritual blessings Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

That we enjoy in time, and so it compreheded our Eternal Justification, for its plainly stated that we were Justified by Grace Titus 3:7

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

And again, This Grace was given us in Christ Jesus, when ? Before the world began !

10. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

The body of Christ is His bride, not His wife. The marriage has not yet taken place. What you point out in scripture is a statement by God as if it's already happened, teaching us faith to say things as if they were, but not yet are. "I am saved" is a statement also in faith because I am not in heaven yet. The Bridegroom comes for His bride, not His wife.

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Isa54:5 should probably read therefore "Thy Maker shall be thy Husband " and not is thine Husband!

12. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do realize, don't you, that the word עֹשַׂיִךְ is a participle and the word וַיַּעַשׂ is not, right?

Sure the root is the same, but the nuance isn't. You probably can't even tell me which word above in Hebrew is from the Isaiah passage and which is from the Genesis passage. So, no, you probably don't know.

No one here is arguing that God isn't the creator. No one isn't arguing that the Church isn't the Bride of Christ.

What you can't possibly seem to fathom is that Genesis and Isaiah are not directly referencing Ephesians and Ephesians is not directly referencing Isaiah or Genesis. Moses is making a point in Genesis, Isaiah is making a point in Isaiah, and Paul is making a point in Ephesians. But, each author has his point and, in context, they are not what you are claiming them to be.

Now, I'm sure you'll accuse me of evasion and rabbit trailing..... But, make no mistake, I have cited your "point," I have reviewed it, and I have found it hopelessly wanting and have demonstrated that it is so...

The Archangel

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Thy Maker is thine Husband!

14. The Archangel

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aaaaand... by this you mean to say??????

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Read the thread, the OP, that is what I meant to say, I said it! Now are you ready to review the points I made with me and show that you understand them though you may disagree?

16. The Archangel

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand what you're arguing just fine... And, I'm pointing out that you have no earthly clue about that which you are talking...

The Archangel

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Prove that you do!

18. The Archangel

Faith:
    Baptist
    It has already been demonstrated. And, by the way, agreement with you is not the proof of understanding.

The daftness of your arguments is truly amazing....

The Archangel

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Insults and evasion !

20. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It amazes me too.