1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ the Gift of God !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Oct 8, 2012.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Jn 4:10

10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

For all whom Christ died, His Church, The Israel of God, His Sheep, The Many, for them all, Christ is the Gift of God ! He is that Gift that the Father hath freely given to them Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

This verse describes what it means for Christ to be the Gift of God; Its that fact that God out of a disposition of mercy, grace and love delivered up His Son fir those He died for, and that is what constitutes the Gift of God.

Now the false teachers, and them that know not God, they have had a field day in their corruption of what the Gift of God is all about; For they have deceived many, and have put a spin on it with their natural and ungodly reasoning, that the gift of God, pertaining to Salvation, Eternal Life, Justification and Righteousness, that the Gift of God is nothing but a offer to all men and that its up to them to decide whether to accept the gift or reject it ! Folk's that definition of a Gift is a lie, for the bible knows nothing of such rubbish as that, for that is not what the gift of God is. This Gift of God is given or it is bestowed or it is caused to be partaken of in a Sovereign manner ; Like on the damascus road, what Paul experienced there was the Gift of God's grace bestowed upon him Eph 3:7

7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

1 Tim 1:12-14

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
    13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

Paul experienced there the Gift of Christ. The same greek word for gift in Jn 4:10 is used in Eph 3:7 !

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Christ the Gift of God ! cont

What these evil false teachers teach, is not Salvation or Justification being a free gift that is bestowed upon the beneficiaries of Christ's Death as taught here by Paul Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Notice what Paul says here, The Free Gift CAME UPON ALL MEN unto Justification of Life ! Now does that sound like the Free Gift was offered ?

When the opposite occurred and Judgment CAME UPON ALL MEN, does sound like it was offered ??

So why does the false teacher teach that the free gift of Justification of Life here is offered or made available, instead of teaching it as Paul taught it, that the free Gift Came upon them Sovereignly ?

Thats because they teach a false Gospel and twist the meaning of Gift in these sacred matters of Salvation, Grace and Justification !

However what they are doing is evil, they are making the Gift of God out to be God bribing, God sets before people a gift proposition, and if we do this or that, then the gift is ours. If you give me first acts of repentance or faith or willingness, then you can have the Gift. Its to make the Gift of God an offer at the threat of, if you do not accept it upon my conditions, then its to ones eternal peril, but if you are willing to accept it, its a gracious free gift offered by a loving God ! You see thats no more than law threatening Salvation, either accept the gift or else, thats mercenary ! The Gift is all dependent upon ones willingness, this devilish concept is so far from the scriptural meaning of the Free Gift, its a wonder how many have been deceived by this trash ! For its no more than another form of law salvation do or die in the guise of being a proffered gift ! May God hold such false teachers accountable in the day of Judgment ! Gal 1:8-9 !

Christ is the Gift of God given to all for whom He died, and with Him is bestowed Justification unto Life for all whom He was offered in behalf of, to God's law and Justice !

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Christ the Gift of God cont

Both Christ is the Gift of God and Grace is the Gift of God. Jn 4:10

10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

Paul combines them together here, The Gift of Grace and Christ Rom 5:15

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

And this Gift by Grace which is by Christ it hath abounded unto many, not that it was offered or made available to all without exception and its up to them to accept it or reject it, no that is an antichrist teaching. The Grace by the Gift of Christ abound unto many !

The word abound here is the greek word perisseuĊ and it means:

to exceed a fixed number of measure, to be left over and above a certain number or measure

a thing which comes in abundance, or overflows unto one, something falls to the lot of one in large measure

In other words, the many are overtaken by the bestowing of many spiritual blessings, God causes Grace to abound towards them, as it stated similarly here 2 Cor 9:8

8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Grace abounds by God's Ability towards those in Rom 5:15 which is by Jesus Christ !

God makes the Gift to abound towards specific objects, the Many !

That is the effects of Christ's Death, which in and of itself was by the Grace of God Heb 2:9

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man or every son or the many.

And this death for every Son is for the bringing of them to Glory Heb 2:10

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings [unto death].

All those Christ died for, as He was the Love Gift of the Father unto them, We can only Thank God for His unspeakable Gift, the Lord Jesus Christ 2 Cor 9:15

15 Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.

Both the Gift of Christ and of the Gift of God's Grace ! Eph 3:7

7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

That Just means, it [ Grace] abounded unto Him by God's Power, His Ability as in Rom 5:15

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

More on the Gift !

Rom 5:16-17

16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

The false religionists have wrested the meaning of Gift in the matters of Justification, Grace, salvation, and Righteousness, for they have hijacked it to mean falsely that which is offered as a gift in order for ones either accepting it or rejecting it according to their freewill; But thats a false concept and is derived from carnal reasoning and not from scripture. The Real and proper nature of these things being Gifts, even before they are applied [not offered] experimentally to the recipients of them, for the True Nature of them are that they are Gracious Gifts in The Mind of the Giver because He reckons it so in His Mind for Christ's sake First and Foremost. For example in our text Rom 5:16-17, it means the Righteousness God gives as a Gift first and foremost in a legal and Judicial sense, a free pardon of all condemnation, and a free imputation of Christ's Righteousness laid to our account on the sole basis of Christ's Work on our behalf, for it has nothing to do with an offer to us to accept or reject, no more than when Adam sinned, the legal and judicial condemnation we incurred was an offer to us to either accept it or reject it, for it was solely what God reckoned it to be in His Own Mind ! So thats the Nature of the Gift of Righteousness, its simply reckoned so in the Mind of God as a finished Transaction between He and Christ their Surety ! And all such Gifts are without repentance Rom 11:29.

So In essence, such a Gift, as deemed so by the Divine Mind , its not even in the realm of possibility of being rejected or revoked, but can only be received by revelation, that is, its received by the gift being made known to God Given Faith, there is a communication of the Knowledge of the Gift, as it is settled in the Mind of God ! So those who teach that the Gifts are merely an offer, using such carnal reasoning as if they were to offer a gift to a person, that the person, that the person has a choice to either accept it or reject it, such are only showing their ignorance as to what the legal and Judicial Gift is in the Mind of God due to the Work of Christ one one's behalf !