1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ the Outcast?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, May 30, 2010.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Unless the Father draws us we can't come. That is the truth we are evil, following our depraved bodies. Not even those who think they are the elect can come unless the Father draws them. They are wicked to, without hope. Those who have not come to Christ can't come unless the Father draws them. This is not the end of the story, now that Christ is lifted up. My brothers and sisters is right. Some like me know that this is not the end of the story! Who can save me from this body of death, praise be to Jesus.

When Jesus is lifted up, not brought down where some can't come or Jesus being made an outcast to some, but when Jesus is lifted up He will draw all men to Himself.

The religious leaders of the days of Christ hated Christ message and thought it was foolishness, but the outcast sinners, prostitutes were coming to Jesus.

It is was the message that draws us the Fathers words, which was Spirit and life. So many wasn't drawn by the Father, because they were following the crowd not Jesus and His word. Without the words of Jesus we have no saving faith, which our Faith comes from, because His word is the Fathers full of Spirit and life.

If we don't see Jesus lifted up from this earth and us at His feet you will not be drawn to Him, no matter how much you think you are the elect of God.

You know why Jesus said He never knew you, even though you think you did all this stuff for Him? Doesn't God know everyone?

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God knows all about everyone, but He only knows His children in the bond of the Spirit of Christ.

1 John 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.​

HankD

3. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Forgive me, but what is the point or thing your trying to say?

4. Cutter

Cutter New Member

I had the same feeling exactly. I thought the thread may be some reference to Hebrews 13:12-13 before I read it.

5. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Truth

So many think they know God and God knows them. They think they are doing the will of God, and lifting Him up from the Earth.

I am not going to argue about this and that an a. Where are we lifted up Christ in all this. When are we going to be talking about Him and lifted Him up from this earth and drawing all men to Him. I can talk about predestination and all that stuff and at the end not lift that stuff up but Christ.

I get depressed when men lift stuff up and miss the meaning in all of this Lifted up Christ. No one is predestined to Christ, but those who are in Christ are predestined to life eternal and that is not a promise from man, but from God.

So many are hurting wanted to come to Christ, but are being told that all is not able to come. I do believe the way you all do, until Christ is lifted up from this earth then anyone can come.

Little children do not worry if you are the elect or not, you just come to Christ and He will in no wise cast you out. Only those who listen and learn from the Father through Jesus Christ is able to come.

You have to do nothing but trust in Christ.

Romans 4:5
    However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.

We who were not included are included when we heard the Gospel of our salvation having believed, those who were included but did not believe were cut out of the tree of life that was chosen from the beginning.

I don't care about being right or wrong, but that Christ be lifted up my salvation. It sure isn't election that men have been cut out of for unbelief.

#5 psalms109:31, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2010
  6. Cutter

Cutter New Member

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
    12:33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
    3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.