1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Arguments Against Legislation to Forbid Gender-Confused Counseling

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Benjamin, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I'm working on coming to terms with my great-nephew's recent "coming out", by comforting, counseling and helping my niece use biblical wisdom in how to "accept" that someone you love has "chosen" such a path. This hurts her and I. He was apparently encouragement from his new boyfriend, a pastor's son no less, to openly claim his new identity. His mother, my niece, which is more like a father-daughter relationship often comes to me for biblical advice and protection. Trying to look at the bright side she wondered if the boys going to the boyfriend's church might help them and suggested to her son that they go. My great-nephew said his boyfriend's father did not accept their lifestyle and that he was, "Just like Uncle Ben!" Well, that may or may not be a good thing, makes one think when you hear your reputation becomes the topic in other's conversations, so we had a little discussion about that.

He threw hypocrisy into her face that she was living with a man, his 3 kids and her 4 kids, that she was not married to, ...yet so what is the difference he says while she says she doesn’t want to judge? Those who sort of know me here will not be surprised that one of my first answers was, "first off, anyone with any knowledge of basic logic and critical thinking skills know that 2 wrongs never makes a right." but trying to explain the logic to someone who isn't interested in the truth (the great-nephew) is usually unproductive so let’s put that aside for a moment, I said.

I told her what the difference is, is she admits her sin, missing hitting the target on the bullseye, she prays about and she asks forgiveness, the first thing a true believer should know is that no one is perfect and that all sin - then I told her even Uncle Ben sins, you might even say I try to have higher standards so I fall short all the time, and I pray about my short comings often, ...BUT, rarely will you EVER hear a homosexual admit to what they are doing is a sin and this is because the truth is not in them. I told her here is the difference spelled out:

1Jn 1:8-10 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. (9) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (10) If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

She loved hearing that scripture and my arguments against his and that was the end of conversation. I told her I didn't know about the going to that church being the pastor's seeming failure to raise his kid in the way he should go and the kid probably being better "versed" to defend his lifestyle being a pastor's son which may lead to a negative influence on her son. However, if the pastor was holding his ground even in defeat, like I often do likewise, then just maybe the influence of the truth coming from a church environment would eventually prevail – and logically “some” is better that “none”.

Anyway, next day I come across this testimonial from this group about change and the fight to retain, or maybe I should say gain back our right to counsel the gender-confused while witnessing an inside look from people very involved in this situation. That calling a sin a sin does not something that makes one a hypocrite or judgmental, but maybe it is better to plant the seeds, tobe more gentle if you can and to just try always remember to do it with love at the forefront of any discussion..

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Speak the truth in love.
    Any sexual activity outside of a lawful marriage between one man and one woman is sin.
    They stripes away any excuses, even for the couple living in fornication

3. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe there is a group called “Exodus International” that made up of former gay men and women who were saved and were brought out of that lifestyle. Their ministry is to preach the truth to other gays.

May God guide everyone’s decisions.

peace to you