1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian be a Union rep.?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Timtoolman, May 7, 2005.

1. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

That should be re-defining.

2. rivers1222

rivers1222 Member

Aaron,
    The following definitions are from Websters Online that may or may not have a basis in our disagreement:
    : 1slave
    Pronunciation: 'slAv
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English sclave, from Old French or Medieval Latin; Old French esclave, from Medieval Latin sclavus, from Sclavus Slavic; from the frequent enslavement of Slavs in central Europe
    1 : a person held in servitude as the chattel of another
    2 : one that is completely subservient to a dominating influence

Entry: ser·vant
    Pronunciation: 's&r-v&nt
    Etymology: Middle English, from Old French, from present participle of servir
    : one that serves others <a public servant>; especially : one that performs duties about the person or home of a master or personal employer
    - ser·vant·hood /-"hud/ noun
    - ser·vant·less adjective

Main Entry: em·ploy·ee
    Variant(s): or em·ploye /im-"plo(i)-'E, (")em-; im-'plo(i)-"E, em-/
    : one employed by another usually for wages or salary and in a position below the executive level
    -----------------------
    I am employed by my employer for a wage. If I want a raise I can withhold my services for more money, or quit. My employer in turn can give me a raise, fire me and hire a replacement worker, or sit down with me and discuss my true market value. A butler has those same rights whereas a slave, (or a Roman soldier), does not.
    -------------------------
    Posted by Aaron:
    rivers1222 is strangely silent
    ---------------------------
    Give me a break my friend. I waited 3 days to hear your reply. I'm a single parent with a lot of obligations and only try to post when I have the time to think about what I'm posting. I want to thank you for your post and biblical references and let you know I'm not dodging them, I would just like more time to study them because a couple did give me reason to question as to whether my position was correct. I dont just want to feel I am correct, I want to be able to back it up. Thanks again.

3. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Aaron is suddenly silent. :0

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I, too, post when I get the time. I only said that because you had numerous, impatient posts demanding an answer from me. I work nights and I am seldom at the computer at home anymore.

Will reply more on a quieter night.