1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Bikers, the Tribe of Judah

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Ben W, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

These guys are an amazing bunch of Evangalists in Australia and I am sure they have a chapter in the U.S.

The leader Mad Dog Morgan was formally a leader of a Hells Angels Biker group in Australia and he was powerfully led to the Lord by an AOG lady who was lead to approach him and witness Jesus to him. Mad Dog has quite an amazing testimony.

Anyway check out the site for the Tribe of Judah and see what you think.

http://www.toj.org.au/

2. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Here in the states, we have a group called Christian Motorcyclist's Association (CMA), also an awesome evangelistic group.

One of the things they do as a service to churches is called a "steeple chase," where they all suit up and head to a selected church for Sunday services. They debrief the pastor/staff later about how they were received.

3. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another thing they do is take weekend trips as a group and pull people out of their local churches.

4. Precepts

Precepts New Member

I guess the old saying is true "Old bikers never die, they find a new ride". We saw 'em having a biker's rodeo one Sunday afternoon, looked like they haven't forsaken the old lifestyle altogether. Other than the absence of "brew" and no sawed-offs or pistols blaring, they looked just like they were having another biker bash. I know that isn't true for all of their "chapter", some of these guys truly are Christians.

I mean they had the biker chicks and everything, you'd never have known they were Christians that day, we hung around for about twenty minutes and ecclesiasticly separated.

5. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

I'd have to say I've never experienced what you have...the chapter I was a part of was mostly family men and women with Honda Goldwings, Yamaha Ventures (me), and H-D FL bikes. I would be ashamed of behaving like the chapter you saw.

6. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

For some people the best thing that they could do would be to not turn up to church one Sunday and actually go and witness to somebody!!!

7. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Why not go out and witness to people everywhere and then be in church on Sunday to give due reverence to the Lord as He deserves? Going to the House of God is witnessing, to everybody!

I don't believe I would encourage anyone to lay out of church.

I think I see what you're trying to say, but....

8. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why not assemble together daily and live your faith rather than accepting a Catholic Sunday Sabbath worship situation?

Not trying to be rude here, this just seems to be the best way to put across my point [​IMG]

9. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Why not assemble together on the first day of the week as Jesus did with His disciples? Sunday is not the "catholic sabbath".

Why not get back on topic and discuss "Bikers For Jesus", etc.?

There's a bunch of 'em around here, they vary much, and some even "sport" their "colors" as if they're still in their "gangs", guess it "helps" 'em get in where they want to.

I don't know any of them around here that are Baptists, I'm sure ther's bound to be some, but all I've ever met are non-denominational and such.

10. onestand

onestand New Member

I have a deep respect for bikers and I happen to know a few of them who are christians as well. Thing I find so interesting is they are so rough and tough looking but the biggest teddy bears on the earth. We just took our kids to a Harley Davidson store where they had a big easter egg hunt complete with bunny and a party for the kids. I just think they are great people with awesome hearts and I would love to see some Christian chapters around.