1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Children's Fund

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by hamricba, May 11, 2006.

1. hamricba

hamricba New Member

Hey I need some input.

I'm considering a gift for our church's preschool to sponsor a child in another country for them and use it as a learning experience for the kids.

I am just a little familiar with Christian Children's Fund, but I was hoping some of you could give more advice on this from experience or research you have done.

Is there another organization out there that does similar work you have more confidence in? (I thought I remember Michael W. Smith supporting another ministry, but I can't remember it's name). Would you have any concerns about supporting one of these ministries?

Also, does the child you support tend to write you (is the communication 2-way)?

Thanks.

2. Psalm 100

Psalm 100 New Member

Sponsoring children is a wonderful blessing to both the child and you.

I've heard good things about CCF, but have not researched them in-depth. My wife and I sponsor a child through a Christian children's home in Guatemala. PM me if you want to look at their website. They have many photos, the director has a daily journal, and they have some good testimonies.