1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Civil Wars

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by CubeX, Mar 26, 2005.

1. csmith

csmith New Member

billwald:

Doctrine- "A principle or body of principles presented for acceptance or belief."

Are you saying the Bible does not succeed in doing this for us?

2. csmith

csmith New Member

TP:

I didn't dismiss history as irrelevant, but in my definition of the whole counsel of God's Word, it is not included. I love history and try to learn from it.

3. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

It's constructive until the debate reaches the point of "you're out and I'm in because my theology is more perfect," or, as happened on the now-conveniently-locked "Glossolalia" thread, derision and hatred is spewed with wild abandon, with no regard whatsoever for the facts or Christian love.

We can and, I think, should disagree, as long as we can learn from one another in that disagreement.

4. csmith

csmith New Member

billwald,
    Would you care to come back and explain your position?

5. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

6. csmith

csmith New Member

what does "bump" mean. I have seen that several times on different threads?

7. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

csmith;
    It means the person has "bumped" the thread to the top of the forum list in order to get more current comments.

In HIS service;
    Jim

8. CubeX

CubeX New Member

Yeah, please try not to bump. If you still have time, just edit. Also, don't intentionally bump. Most people look at the top 10 in a page anyways.

-David

9. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Why not? Either action has the desired effect. It's a standard message board procedure.

10. CubeX

CubeX New Member

:D But it does annoy some people and leads to discusions like this that are off topic.

Back on subject though, I believe that I have finally got my thoughts straight. I believe that my calling is to be a witness to others through logic and to further the cause of the gospel by equiping the church with the knowledge it needs to stand strong in a relentless world.

The church needs to know that people WANT to hear the truth! Who isn't searching for the truth?! I was and I found it. I have no way to describe the peace I have about the historically-based, God-inspired book that we call the Bible. I have such confidence in the facts that the Bible is solid in its teachings and philosophies as well as it's historic background that I can now talk about the Bible any where at any time. Before I had such a confidence in it, I wouldn't have dared risked being "intollerant" (the world's definition that is).

This is my call:
    - To stand up for the Bible, Christianity, and Jesus Christ before a world that feels hopeless and is being controlled by atheistic minority leaders.
    - To share the gospel, not as a blind faith, but as the most logical and reality-based story that has ever occurred!
    - To help equip the church with the same confidence I have found.
    - To reach the kids in today's school systems in the same way!

-David

11. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

david, have you ever looked at any of Josh McDowell's stuff? Your testimony sounds a little like his.

How are you planning on reaching out to kids in school systems? And as a side note, how close to Franklin is Jackson?

12. CubeX

CubeX New Member

Yes I have read A LOT of his books! Also, Ralph Muncaster's "A Sceptic's Search for God" is great! But right now, I'm in the middle of McDowell's "New Evidence That Demands A Verdict". It is awesome.

Let's start a new topic on how to reach the kids in our school systems. I'm personally a Senior in highschool right now, but I've been studying about God, the truth, and creation (esp. this was my starting point) since the summer of my freshman year. I've grown up in church and also attended a private Christian school most of my life. In 8th grade, I was sick of everyone there so I left to go to NC to live with my mom. After seeing what was REALLY taught in public schools, I needed some proof that what I had been taught all my life was real. I found more evidence than I could have EVER imagined, esp. after my recent salvation my 8th grade year after returning to TN. I needed to know the truth. The truth became known. Again, let's start a new post on how to reach our the children in the public school systems.

-David

PS- Franklin where? TN or KY?

13. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Franklin, Tennessee. I ask because Franklin is the headquarters for First Priority of America.

14. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Cube, go ahead and start the thread. Just don't be surprised at the judgementalism and negativity you see.

15. CubeX

CubeX New Member

It's only a little over 2 hours driving distance from my house. Prob. 2 & 1/2 hours at most!

-David

16. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Then when you find the FP website, give them a call. I'm betting that someone would enjoy sharing the vision with you.

17. Christlifter

Christlifter New Member

Wrongo! Either you have faith in God's (The Holy Triune God of the Scriptures)Biblical Creation, or in "____________" (time, matter, energy, aliens, whatever)

18. CubeX

CubeX New Member

Apparently you are responding to the first post and have obviously read it pressumptionously or incorrectly.

The post only states that the belief in creation (or pure creation) is not needed for salvation. That doesn't mean that it isn't needed. Only that it is possible to die and go to heaven without totally believing everything in the Bible yet.

The point of the statement was neither for nor against evolution. It was only part of an example. The point of the statement was that salvation is the most important issue that there is. Relatively, the others are dim in comparison, not irrelevant nor unnecessary, but that salvation is the most important issue that there is to the non-believer.

-David