1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Democrat

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ShotGunWillie, Oct 29, 2008.

1. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I'll let God judge you on that statement.

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

They are. I agree. But party affiliation is not the same as political views. I do not support abortion but do support spending money on healthcare rather than needless wars. I suppose I should change to independent but want to vote in the primaries. God will judge you for your acts on earth. That includes neglecting the poor and supporting war.

3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I imagine there are many people who would fall into this category. Although I voted for the democrat in both these elections, something I will not do this time, looking back I am glad Gore lost to Bush in 2000.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

You are getting increasingly mean-spirited in your remarks.

Why don't you prove your allegation that he neglects the poor, for instance?

You should be ashamed of yourself. :mad:

5. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    His starving aunt in Boston is one case. His brother in Niarobi is another. In fact, he has neglected his african side of the family. He makes millions and he can't support his starving family members but wants to feed the american poor. Get real.

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

sorry to not clarify: BB's accusation's weren't against Obama, but against another poster here. However, you've made an excellent point.

7. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    oh and thanks. I thought so too.

8. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Does God's judgment also extend to violating the rules you agreed to abibe by when you joined this forum? Like failing to show grace to your fellow poster and making personal attacks such as out right calling your brother in Christ a liar.

9. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Not true, Obama financially supports his Muslim cousin Odinga, who happens to be the leader of attacks against Christians, resulting in thousands of Christian deaths.

10. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

How would McCain and Bush neglected the poor?

God opposes war??

11. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

So let me see if I have this straight, you don't support abortion but you are supporting a man who has voted to go as far as murder those babies who by the grace of God survived an abortion.

So you think Obama will not be putting money towards needless things, he just dropped 8 million on an 30 minute informercial that was full of the same manure he has been spewing since his nomination and before then.

Your stance doesn't make since to me, we are in the war now, by voting for Obama you are going to lose a war were winning and build up the confidence of the Muslims who want us dead. Nice Play.

One vote for Obama is one step closer to us losing freedoms

Your argument is weak, extremely weak.....

12. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Don't bother going there brother. No matter what the Bible has to say of the subject he'll just trump the Scriptures with his personal experience and feelings on the matter.:BangHead: :tonofbricks:

13. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Emphasis mine

Closest to a sensible statement I've read from you in quite a while. But I would like to add to your specific examples.

It also includes the approval (your vote) of a man that will, using the power of his office, sanction murdering innocents and approve that which God Himself has called an ABOMINATION!! :tear:

How do you plan to explain THAT to Him??

14. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

God's a warmonger??!!! Not the one I pray to, matey...Now, Allah, on the other hand - there's a chap you want to worship if you're pro-war. Anyone here up for a good old jihad?