1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Democrats???

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by 12strings, Aug 13, 2012.

1. AresMan

AresMan Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In my view, there is nary a dime's worth of difference between the two.

Nevertheless, where does God demonstrate in His Word that He wants His people to compromise to kingdom come and submit ceaselessly to "the lesser of two evils"? It seems to me the example is always to serve God against any perceived odds.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most likely very uninformed them

Who is it that does this?

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It's real easy to do. Walk into the booth, read the name s of the Presidential candidates from each party, shake my head, and write someone in.:thumbsup::laugh:

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Where do you find you have the right to allow your neighbor to be subjugated to a greater evil than necessary when you were given a say in the process?

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Well said. I understand that we love our politics. But I don't love it so much that I'm gonna vote for one anti-Christ over another anti-Christ.[​IMG]

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In what way?

7. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

This is strictly my opinion.

People who say that Christian American voters should forsake allegiance to a political party and align themselves with Christ ignore the fact that, though they are citizens of Heaven, they are still citizens of a secular United States. Sometimes the most practical, realistic choice is not a matter of what's the best or the most righteous, but what is most likely to stop or slow a political trend.

The wounded needs his bleeding stopped before he can heal. I see America as wounded, her fate being the same as Europe.

I mean no offense, because I recognize everyone has their own conscience, but the argument that we ought not vote for one of the two parties who are the only serious contenders, and instead vote for third party or abstain or vote for the "Christian" candidate ( whoever that is) smells of denial of the political realities in America today coupled with a dose of self-righteousness.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

9. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

EWF- PM on the way.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then go into the polling booth & write in Mephistopheles (or Newt Gingrich) ....same thing LOL:laugh:

Why not.....either him or his minions! :smilewinkgrin:

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Glad you prefaced it with that it was just opinion.:laugh: But here's what I don't get. God has given the Christian a task. And God has given the Christian His Greatest Commandment. What on earth has given us this perception that WE must slow or stop a political trend by endorsing something secular that is against God?

But you apparently see it as being healed at the ballot box. Christ says that HE will heal our land if we do certain things. We're trying to be in control of the fixing which is as much of a problem, if not more, than the folks who are actually doing the evil.

And voting for "the lesser evil" while blatantly ignoring God's Greatest Commandment( and I know a lot of folks don't think they are doing this, but they are) speaks loudly to sacrificing but not obeying.

But God's word says that OBEDIENCE is better than sacrifice. So Christians are to OBEY first, and not feel as though they have to support that which is against God in a sacrifice in order to stop the bleeding.

God has said that HE will stop the bleeding. if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land 2 Chr. 7:14

And our inability to do things God's way but to rather try and orchestrate the "fix" ourselves speaks to the same disobedience that the Repubs in here speak about the Dems. Or shall I say the same self-righteousness that tells us WE are gonna stop the bleeding and start to heal the land.

#71 Zaac, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
  12. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Zaac,

Which of the commandments of God forbids voting for a person?

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Which of the commandments says to vote for someone who worships a false god?

14. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Christian Republicans???

15. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Which commandment says '"vote"?

16. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

In a nutshell, in one sentence, what do you suggest?

17. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I thought so you can't, or worse, won't answer. You have been screaming about God's Commandments:

So now is your chance to enlighten all on this Board!

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I suggest what God's word commands. :Obedience is better than sacrifice.

We need to obey HIM and love Him with everything, repenting of our thinking that WE can do something to heal this land when we can't. And HE will do what He promises.

I just don't think His people are serious about letting HIM heal the land.

19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Psalm 51:15 O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise.
    Psalm 51:16 For you will not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it; you will not be pleased with a burnt offering.
    Psalm 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

This isn't a game. As I've said before, if folks feel that they have got to vote for the anti-Christ who is currently in office, do so. If you feel like you've got to vote for the anti-Christ who is currently running against the anti-Christ who is in office, do so.

But I'm gonna call it like I see it. And all I see is a bunch of Christians who are attempting to do what they think is right in their own eyes in order to heal the land, when God says that HE will heal the land.

Perhaps that is why He says if His people will HUMBLE themselves. Any time folks seem to think that they are doing God a favor and fixing things under some work of their own hand, they tend to lose sight of OBEDIENCE in lieu of the "doing what they feel needs to be done" to stop the bleeding.

And you know God's Greatest Commandment. Showing support for a man who worships a false god does not speak to“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. Matthew 22:37

I'll leave the enlightening to God. Cause it's CLEAR that Repubs are making the same excuses to support this man as a candidate in spite of his ungodliness that they like to point the finger at the Dems for doing in support of their candidate of choice.

Obedience is better than sacrifice.