1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian Feminism...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by UnchartedSpirit, Jul 2, 2008.

1. sag38

sag38 Active Member

It's not God's word that need tweaking. Rather we are the ones who need "tweaking." I don't dictate how God's word is to conform to my life. Rather it is I who needs to conform to His word. Superwoman your analysis is nothing short of apostasy.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

AMEN!

3. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In Christ women are equal and free to serve as they are led by the Holy Spirit.

4. standingfirminChrist

NO!! They teach that junk in Bible College?

Just more proof that learning from God's Word and the guidance of the Holy Spirit is better than seminary any day of the week.

5. nunatak

nunatak New Member

doesn't sound like you are having your best life now.

6. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

I must agree with Donna on this too. This statement reeks of apostacy. Becareful superwoman, I fear that if you continue in this you will end up no longer walking with Christ. Based on this statement it seems to me you have departed already.

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

As long as they don't 'feel lead' to violate scripture, as with the woman in the op's article.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

It's impossible for any christian living apart from God's plan to live the best life.

9. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Then we agree. That was my point. It just took me a lot more words to say it. I do think it's important that freedom and equality for women was a radical idea in Jesus' time. Maybe it still is today.

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

I often wish I could do it with a lot more words like you did.

11. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are many conservative denominations that fully support the ordination of women, so clearly it isn't as settled an issue as many on this board assume. It isn't a matter of believing the Bible, it is a matter of having a different understanding of the passages used to prohibit women from serving as pastors. You aren't being more literal if you prohibit women nor are you being liberal if you do. There are passages that could be understood either way. You may not agree, which is why we have different churches.

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because of the opprobrious epithet "liberal," today they call themselves “moderates.” A skunk by any other name still stinks!~W.A. Criswell

13. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Do you really think things have changed since Noah?

"Christians are often theological conservatives but practical atheists, Blackaby said in the second message of his series Feb. 18. "

“Our problem is not in our doctrinal correctness,” Blackaby said. “Our problem is that we are not living it. And doctrinal correctness according to the Scripture is not head knowledge. It is heart knowledge.”

"Even though the Pharisees were doctrinally correct, Blackaby noted, their hearts were far from God. "

Source
    http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?id=17795

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

What a novel idea, actually living the scriptures, this is a hard creature to find these days.

15. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which passages should be lived out? The ones in Acts referring to Phoebe as a deacon, or the ones from 1 Corinthians where Paul tells the women to be silent right after he told them to speak? Maybe the ones where Priscilla is commended for being a faithful teacher of the faith, how about those?

A liberal is one who denies the divinity of Jesus, who questions the inspiration of scripture who tries to explain away the prohibitions against homosexuality. There are plenty of folks out there who aren't liberal, yet approve of women being pastors. It isn't as black and white as many would like it to be.

W.A. Criswell also spoke in favor of segregation... so I guess if he was wrong on that one, he could be wrong on this one as well.

16. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Later Criswell preached against segregation too.

You are right sometimes things do not appear so easy as some would seem to indicate by their cherry picking their favorite verses to support their pet doctrines.

17. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

People aren't abadoning Jesus by rejecting him personally, but rather are creating their own idol based off Jesus with more of the personality that suits their longings. It's a hard thing to combat indeed as C.S. Lewis said "we have no right to map the personality of God."

18. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The word "Deacon" in the Greek "Diakonos" is used in several contexts and does not automatically lead to the office of deacon which is reserved for men only.

What does this have to do with women being pastors?

Liberals also work to place doubt on scripture and present it as unclear when it is otherwise. If it is questionable in your minds then you can work to silence opposition. "Well it is not clear do not be so dogmatic, I might be right, don't judge my view". Liberals also de-emphasize holiness and place holiness at odds with the gospel "We should not live by standards for living, let's just share the gospel, these standards only divide and turn people from God".

Quite the liberal tactic.

Again no real substance just the tactic of a grey area when there is none.

#38 Revmitchell, Jul 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2008
  19. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

go2church said......
    It doesn’t matter one bit, how many people approve of something.
    (This has no bearing at all, as to weather it is right or wrong:)

We should keep looking at God’s Word, in a vacuum:
    (Not allowing what “anybody” says or thinks about it, to effect us.)

This is the greatest challenge faced by Christians in these last days:
    i.e. (Continuing to trust God’s Word, in the face of what seems like a unanimous voice, telling us, that it can’t be trusted.)

God’s Word, is “the last word”!

20. Beth

Beth New Member

Good post

This is a good post, agree wtih you.