1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christian groups launch massive adoption campaign

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Rufus_1611, May 29, 2007.

1. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

First, praise God for this effort. Caring for the orphans is a component of pure religion and my compliments to those that are involved in this project.

However, who is Pastor Warren referring to when he says:

"We've got some people who only focus on moral purity and couldn't care less about the poor, the sick, the uneducated. And they haven't done zip for those people,"​

The verse from the book of James that is noted, I would presume would be this...

"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." - James 1:27

It seems to me, there are three key elements to pure religion:
    1. Visit the fatherless in their affliction.
    2. Visit the widows in their affliction.
    3. Keep oneself unspotted from the world.

To only focus on moral purity would neglect two of the three elements of pure religion as would only focusing on visiting the fatherless.

Thus, is it proper for a pastor to rail against those who would promote moral purity any more than it would be proper for a pastor to rail against those who would promote caring for orphans? Are not all three vital if one desires to practice pure religion?

2. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

Add the one category without deleting the others.

Amen. If folks spent as much time doing the Bible as they do debating it, we could clean out Congress and clean up America. We could return government to of, by, and for the people. Christianity could once again be the guiding light for a nation in deep trouble.