1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

*Christian* Hard Rock Experiment

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Gina B, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Madonna used to wear crosses all the time... Should we throw away our crosses as assume the worst about people who wear crosses?

:confused:

I think Mr. Curtis looks scary with his stay-cool haircut, but that doesn't mean he's a bad guy. :D

2. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm... The boy is 4 years old in the thread you linked here, but in this thread he is 3 years old.

</font>[/QUOTE]I hope you are not calling me a liar. When I made the first post, I was in error, sorry.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Nope, I'm stating the facts of both posts.

I can understand if you made an error... we all make errors. Since you made an error on your son's age at the time of the incident, do you think you could possibly have made an error in your interpretation of the incident?

(I'm just trying to see how open-minded you are to reconsidering your position. [​IMG] )

3. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

I wonder what a Web site created by Christians should look like? :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]Not like this one.

As Jonathan says below, it is indeed the symbol of the Trinity. One of my Bibles (I think published by the Lockman Foundation) had that symbol. :rolleyes:

Is that the NKJV? As Gina asked below, was that symbol good at one time?

It looks as "Christian" as most Web sites... :rolleyes:

I guess the guy sticking out his tongue is trying to eat or talk right?

Sounds like a *collection* to me. Do you seriously think the Hard Rock Cafe customers worship the jump suit? Do you worship your stamp collection? :rolleyes:

It being in the Hard Rock Cafe is to me wrong. Do you see it displayed in church?

Oh yeah... I'm sure the psalmist was thinking about music awards... :rolleyes:

I thought this was funny. Sorry if I offended you.

y're doing pretty well and they seem excited about their career... So what?[/quote]

Again, when I saw the scripture of silver and gold, I also saw this from the website and thought it was funny/interesting. Sorry I offended you.

This is my thought on this:
    1 Thessalonians 5:22  Abstain from all appearance of evil.
    As Gina said, "they look scary."

4. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

Hmm... The boy is 4 years old in the thread you linked here, but in this thread he is 3 years old.

</font>[/QUOTE]I hope you are not calling me a liar. When I made the first post, I was in error, sorry.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Nope, I'm stating the facts of both posts.

I can understand if you made an error... we all make errors. Since you made an error on your son's age at the time of the incident, do you think you could possibly have made an error in your interpretation of the incident?

(I'm just trying to see how open-minded you are to reconsidering your position. [​IMG] )
    </font>[/QUOTE]I just checked my database and the account is correct.

P.S. It still happens.

5. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

6. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Oh yeah, that's a great to go for reliable information. :rolleyes:

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

HomeBound, that is interesting, but I would have to say I seriously doubt the group's true intention with the symbol was to knowingly use it for wrong purposes. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt until they made a claim that said otherwise. Like I said before, I'm not for this type of music, but sites like this that get hysterical and see groups they don't agree with as purposely promoting some type of Satanism are out of line. There is nothing about the group on this site apart from their use of this symbol, which Christians use often without understanding what else it also signifies, and definitely without the intention of promoting that significance.
    Gina

8. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

I am not saying that the members of POD partake in satanism. I am saying that I believe that their music and those like it are the spirit work of the antichrist. Not everyone that sings about Jesus is of Jesus.

When the high priest came to get Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane, Peter smote the high priests servants ear. You know the story, Jesus healed the servants ear. Did Peter have the right motive for cutting the ear of this servant? Yes he did, but it was not God's will. Using this analogy, we can have the right motive, but be way out of line with God's will.

I for one believe that Peter was aiming for the head and not the ear. Boy would that have been a miracle to see Him put the head of the servant back on him. I guess I will have to ask Peter when I get to Heaven if that was what he was aiming for. [​IMG]

9. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

LOL Homebound! Burning question...must see Peter...

10. Bugman

Bugman New Member

When I read the band in question here I had to laugh. Audio Adrelean is not hard rock, not even close to it.

Bryan

11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

12. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Sloppy research from HomeBound:

Also, look at the symbol under the drums, beside the singers right leg. Looks like a 666 sign. Hmmm!

Rule of thumb: Any factual claims followed up by "Hmmm!" are probably specious.

The symbol in question is a triquetra. It is a Celtic knot, an abstract piece of ornamental artwork, that was co-opted by early Christian missionaries to Britain to teach the concept of the Trinity: the three arcs representing the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, interlocked to symbolize the unity of the Godhead.

The triquetra as a symbol predates the use of arabic numerals by several centuries. A "6-6-6" figure simply did not exist; the Number of the Beast would have been expressed in writing either in Roman numerals (DCVI) or, presumably, runes.

13. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

Is the symbol today associated with evil?

14. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only by people who hope to interpret it as evil. As it has been stated before, it is a very common symbol for the Trinity.

15. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

[​IMG]

Had to zap the provocation. Sorry. ;)

[ December 16, 2002, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: Aaron ]

16. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

So I guess the answer is YES. Then, why would anyone associate themselves with evil, especially a Christian?

17. Refreshed

Refreshed Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know about POD being satanic, but aren't they Rastafarians? Their liberal use of the word, "Jah," meaning God, would seem to indicate this.

Check out this link for some funky Jah Rastafarian stuff. Oh, by the way, they believe some dead Ethiopian emporer is the new Messiah to take Jesus' place.

Rastafarian Church

18. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you didn’t understand the answers you received…

The answer is NO unless you want to be one of those people who insist on labeling what is good as evil.

They don’t.

Why do you insist on associating them with evil?

The symbol you assumed was a “666” is a symbol for the Trinity that is used on many New King James bibles.

Did you know that an early symbol for Christianity was the swastika? Does that make us Nazis?

No?

Okay then… Apply the same logic here.

19. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

No.

Why? Rastas aren't the only religion who refer to God this way.

Right, that would be insane Etheopian dictator, Halle Sallesse, not to be confused with insane tennis star, Ille Nastase.

When I lived in Key West, there was a small community of rastas.

I used to see them in Cubantown or at Fausto's. They were pretty decent guys but I think they must have been reformed rastas or something because your average hardcore rastas can be violent.

By the way, does anyone remember Christafari, the overtly Christian reggae group who got death threats for ministering in the rasta community?

20. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

No. Very few recognize the symbol in the first place, and most that do know that it symbolizes the Trinity.

Psalms 68:4 Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. (KJV)

Mike, yeah I know of Christafari. Aren't they still around? I believe one of the former members of a local band called MLinmo recently joined them. I'm not really into the reggae thing, but they're a fun band to listen to, and their witness seems to be strong.

God bless,

~JD